Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tip of the week

When practicing keep it fun!!!
    I was doing some shooting this afternoon from 25 yrds and was stinking it up! My oldest daughter came out back and was chatting a little and she could tell I was getting frustrated. When she finished the water she was drinking she said "hold on". She ran down to my target and placed the bottle in front of it and said "bet ya can't hit that"! I said what do I get? She said a high five. So I took my time and executed 3 perfect shots. 2 of them were in the bottle and one about an inch off.
    I still ain't got my high five! Lol
    Keep it fun guys!! ( sorry I didn't think to take pics)

No butterscotch, no high five. You need some learning on how to get paid. Get Quick Books . . .

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Good tip. Out of curiosity about how many arrows do you shoot during a regular practice session??

Comment

35 to 50. Oh wait, you were asking Randy. [emoji4]

Comment

Good stuff Randy!! It's amazing how much better I shoot sometimes when I don't take it so seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            35 to 50. Oh wait, you were asking Randy. [emoji4]

Good info. I was asking in general but since he started the thread I directed it at him I am fixing to go out and fling a few arrows myself but no way I could fling that many. But I am enjoying working my way up and trying to keep it fun and as consistent as possible for a newbe like myself

Comment

I shot 30 shots earlier today and 12 shots just now.

Comment

Gary, I definitely need to be a better negotiator!! Lol
                Pedernal, I don't have a set number in mind when I go out to shoot. Sometimes all I shoot is what I have in my quiver. (3-5)
                Other times I stay out for an hour or longer and just keep shooting from different positions and angels. Or Sometimes from the roof. But I ALWAYS focus on those first few shots and try to execute perfect form. Then I shoot for fun. But if accuracy is lacking it is almost always because I'm letting my form slip so to speak.
                Also I never shoot more than 3-5 shots before I take a break and go pull arrows. Fatigue is my main contributor to bad form.

Comment

Tonight I hope to shoot for fun. The quail are nice to watch as I wait and hope for a pig.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, good reminder

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Tonight I hope to shoot for fun. The quail are nice to watch as I wait and hope for a pig.

You got that feeder set up on a beach? [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Good luck on the pig!

Bisch

Comment

A lot of the ranch is Sandy for sure. No pigs were injured or even seen in the making of this hunt.

Comment

Shooting the same target from known range does get boring. I like to walk out with my squirrel shaft (old Beaman with a thumper on it) and toss a full water bottle out and shoot at it. When I miss I walk up to it, toss it again and try once more. My 3 year old daughter has turned it into a game. She'll throw it as far as she can. If I hit it I get a hug and a "Good job dad!" If I miss we walk up and she gives me a pat on the leg with a "Ok dad, you really need to focus." and she throws it again. We spend a lot of time in the yard like that. I wouldn't trade it for gold..

Richard.

Comment

On past the feeder to the left there is a trough feeder. A rabbit had been going back and forth under it feeding for an hour or so. It had left and I was getting ready to get down. I looked up and saw that rabbit by the trough feeder. I took out an arrow with a small game head. Drew back and released. The arrow went right where I wanted and it was at least twenty yards. However it didn't have a thump to it and I saw sand fly. The "rabbit" was still sitting there. Closer inspection revealed I had dead centered a bull nettle. [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              You got that feeder set up on a beach? [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Good luck on the pig!

Bisch
                              Thats funny. I was thinking...I hope DRTs making a killing off that fracking sand.

You aint lyin Randy. Too much seriousness brings the fun down and my accuracy goes kaput. I like yalls idea of incorporating kid coaches. Mine love watching and pulling arrows then stabbing the target...repeatedly. Kinda what I do...too... just with a bow and string.

Comment

Working...
                              X