Polaris Ranger Roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Ranger Roof?

I am wanting to build a roof for my 09 ranger and was wondering if anyone has built one with wood? Was thinking about getting a sheet of treated plywood and painting with the roll on Bedliner. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen one that was built from 1/4 inch plywood and then fiber glassed. Then spayed it with Linx.

LWR2

Comment

I built a metal one and really like it.

I love the ability to stand on it when clearing roads and filling feeders.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it being wood- as long as you go into it knowing that it's useable lifespan will be shorter than a metal roof due to warping or delamination.

I'd go at least 3/8- 1/2"ish so that you should still be able to stand on it when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
          I wouldn't worry about it being wood- as long as you go into it knowing that it's useable lifespan will be shorter than a metal roof due to warping or delamination.

I'd go at least 3/8- 1/2"ish so that you should still be able to stand on it when needed.

I was thinking about using 1/2 treated for it just trying to figure out how to mount it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger88 View Post
            I was thinking about using 1/2 treated for it just trying to figure out how to mount it.

I used a "conduit hanger " or " Pipe Clip" similar to this-
            Shop for 2 in. EMT Plated Conduit Hanger With HDWR from Eaton B-Line Series At Ferguson. Ferguson is the #1 US plumbing supply company and a top distributor of HVAC parts, waterworks supplies, and MRO products.

To mount my metal roof. This provided a gap between the roof and pipe to reduce squeaking and give the passengers some roof pipe to grab ahold of if need be.

Another option would be some "pipe strap" of the proper size to mount it flush to the rack.
            something like this-

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
              I used a "conduit hanger " or " Pipe Clip" similar to this-

Shop for 2 in. EMT Plated Conduit Hanger With HDWR from Eaton B-Line Series At Ferguson. Ferguson is the #1 US plumbing supply company and a top distributor of HVAC parts, waterworks supplies, and MRO products.

To mount my metal roof. This provided a gap between the roof and pipe to reduce squeaking and give the passengers some roof pipe to grab ahold of if need be.

Another option would be some "pipe strap" of the proper size to mount it flush to the rack.

something like this-

https://www.ferguson.com/product/coo...dFamily-186312

Thanks for info.

Comment

You can see it somewhat here if you zoom in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	roof-brush-stopper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	24493709

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ranger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	24493711

I built this one two years ago after having a factory plastic roof that every time it rained and you hit the brakes it dumped water in your lap. I wanted a sturdy roof but I wanted it extended out in the front so the rain ran off on to the hood and not in my lap. I built a frame out of flat plate and the top is 3/4" treated plywood bolted to the frame and the entire thing is lined with Monstaliner. I also mounted to boat swivels on top and I have two swivel boat seats I can drop in and hunt off of the top. Like others said I used conduit clamps to fasten it to the roll bar like the factory plastic roof was. If you want more pics up close I can take some better one's.

Comment

I put a simple plywood one on our mule. Just 3/4" painted the heck out of it. It should last a long time since it's kept in the barn. Used u-bolts to mount to the roll bar.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Seen a hard top Tonneau truck bed cover used once. Pick up for garage sale for like $20. It was bolted on and look like it was made for it. Very inexpensive if you can find one.

Comment

Working...
                          X