Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Del Rio/Sonora lodging for Devils River SNA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Del Rio/Sonora lodging for Devils River SNA?

Steve and I were drawn for the Devils River SNA Del Norte hunt next week (exotic). The bunkhouse there has been booked for months so we will either have to tent camp in the rough or get a hotel and make the 1 1/2 hour drive each day. Would any of you happen to know of any places closer to the SNA that might have a couple of bunks available?

The drive does not thrill us but neither does staying in a tent in the cold and wind with no electricity and no fires allowed.

Going by the tremendous amount of responses to this thread I guess no one knows of anyplace.

Comment

Ttt for you.

Comment

info@ryesnsonsranch.com

Comment

All I can say is don't miss this hunt. It's the best draw hunt TPWD has.

Comment

Who Cares Bed and breakfast... stayed there last april for a kayak trip its close to the State natural area that the lady that owns it is really nice, her breakfast casserole is on point too...

It's pretty hard to get info on as we booked it through an outfitter but if you can find it I promise it's worth the work... all I know is its off Mires Ranch road in del rio.

Comment

Maybe rent a camper from someplace, or from a TBHer..? Just a thought.
              Good luck either way!

Comment

I hunted there a few years ago and they let us pitch a tent in a small area next to the office. There was access to a restroom which was part of the office building. Also, we were allowed to cook and eat in the pavilion across the street which had a kitchen. You might call the manager there to see if this is still the case. I believe you still have to go through Austin to pay for the camping.

Comment

Originally posted by BUCKSTAR View Post
                  Email sent. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WestTXReaper View Post
                    Who Cares Bed and breakfast... stayed there last april for a kayak trip its close to the State natural area that the lady that owns it is really nice, her breakfast casserole is on point too...

It's pretty hard to get info on as we booked it through an outfitter but if you can find it I promise it's worth the work... all I know is its off Mires Ranch road in del rio.
                    I am trying to find some contact information. So far the trail is thin. It must be one very well kept secret.

Comment

My wife and I have a ranch in Sonora with the Devil's River running through it, but we don't have a camper or cabin yet. Next year we should, so keep that in mind if you hunt that area again.

Comment

We used to stay at the Motel 6.

Comment

Working...
                        X