Krivoman bow blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntresss View Post
    8 pointer - is that a vent on top of yours? If so, where did you get it? Our hunters can't use our krivoman blinds now since they are too hot. Everybody is fighting to use the Maverick blinds since they are so well ventilated. I tried ordering the vents that Mitch sells but haven't been able to get and it's been over 6 months that we've been trying to get some. If you have any suggestions on where else we can get them I'dI appreciate the info. I sure would like for our hunters to be able to.use the blinds!

Sure wish i could get you some, problem is i have can not get enough vents to go on the blinds i am currently building. Same goes for doors. Have had severL inquiries for door kits to go on older blinds but can n get enough for me much less to sell.

That is also the reason i have not charged you anything for the vents. Dont want to take money for anything i can not sale you yet. As soon as i have extras i can sell them to you... I have orders here for over thirty vents on blinds and my last shipment there were only 20 vents sent... Trying to get them made faster. Just the way it is going right now...

As for getting other vents i have sent your husband detailed pictures on how to make a vent for about 15 bucks with pvc if iT was critical...

Comment

8 pointer - is that a vent on top of yours? If so, where did you get it? Our hunters can't use our krivoman blinds now since they are too hot. Everybody is fighting to use the Maverick blinds since they are so well ventilated. I tried ordering the vents that Mitch sells but haven't been able to get and it's been over 6 months that we've been trying to get some. If you have any suggestions on where else we can get them I'dI appreciate the info. I sure would like for our hunters to be able to.use the blinds!
      That's the first time I've EVER heard of anyone preferring one of those Maverick blinds. And to my knowledge they don't make a vent for them. I could be wrong about that though. Or are they simply "ventilated" in the cracks where they piece together? I'm not trying to get under your skin, just very surprised.

I choose not to vent my blinds as I am more concerned with scent control than heat. If it's hot enough (EVERY BLIND IS HOT IN TEXAS), we will just use a small fan. That makes a big difference and doesn't spook any animals.

Comment

Chance, it's not the blind itself they prefer, it's just that the Krivoman is too hot to hunt from. The Maverick has six windows so they can open more windows to allow for some airflow. We are booked up with hunters from now through next May so we don't have the time to fabricate the vents ourselves. I'd gladly pay somebody to do it for us! I just wasn't aware that we weren't going to be able to get the vents. It's a shame to have such nice blinds and nobody is using them. I know you don't want to sell us two vents Mitch but there sure are several folks we've had inquire about the blinds we use, including a game ranger here that wants to order a couple dozen. Can't you please, pretty please, help us out here? I only need two. Pleeeaaaaaasseeee?

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
          Sure wish i could get you some, problem is i have can not get enough vents to go on the blinds i am currently building. Same goes for doors. Have had severL inquiries for door kits to go on older blinds but can n get enough for me much less to sell.

That is also the reason i have not charged you anything for the vents. Dont want to take money for anything i can not sale you yet. As soon as i have extras i can sell them to you... I have orders here for over thirty vents on blinds and my last shipment there were only 20 vents sent... Trying to get them made faster. Just the way it is going right now...

As for getting other vents i have sent your husband detailed pictures on how to make a vent for about 15 bucks with pvc if iT was critical...

Mitch send me the instructions for the vent when you get time. Also can I upgrade my windows to the ones yyou use now? Just shoot me a pm.

Comment

Chance, it's not the blind itself they prefer, it's just that the Krivoman is too hot to hunt from. The Maverick has six windows so they can open more windows to allow for some airflow. We are booked up with hunters from now through next May so we don't have the time to fabricate the vents ourselves. I'd gladly pay somebody to do it for us! I just wasn't aware that we weren't going to be able to get the vents. It's a shame to have such nice blinds and nobody is using them. I know you don't want to sell us two vents Mitch but there sure are several folks we've had inquire about the blinds we use, including a game ranger here that wants to order a couple dozen. Can't you please, pretty please, help us out here? I only need two. Pleeeaaaaaasseeee?
            Just get some of those small battery operated fans. The kind that fold down when not in use. They are very quiet and make a world of difference. As a bowhunter, I MUCH prefer this over opening a bunch of windows and having that much more scent blowing around for the deer to run into. The lack of air "leaks" in Mitch's blinds are one of the biggest positives to me. Human scent is one of the very hardest things to control in general. His blinds make that a lot easier. Temperature can easily be overcome with one of these fans. And we just leave them in the blinds all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              Just get some of those small battery operated fans. The kind that fold down when not in use. They are very quiet and make a world of difference. As a bowhunter, I MUCH prefer this over opening a bunch of windows and having that much more scent blowing around for the deer to run into. The lack of air "leaks" in Mitch's blinds are one of the biggest positives to me. Human scent is one of the very hardest things to control in general. His blinds make that a lot easier. Temperature can easily be overcome with one of these fans. And we just leave them in the blinds all the time.
              I agree, one of those fans makes a world of difference.

Comment

Why not build your own cooling system?

Comment

Are you talking about the little hand held fans?

Comment

I have a turtle blind (4 years) and love it but my next will be a Krivo. I like someone that makes them in Texas that I can deal with directly plus price is better. I can suggest what I did with my turtle blind...I bought rubber horse stall mats (2) at Tractor supply and sat the blind on top of it...then trace the base of it on the mats with a white crayon...then cut out the circle with a jig saw. Taaadaaa...rubber floor that is quiet and easy to clean. Then I drilled holes in the lip along the base edges and bought 3 foot heavy metal stakes I got at hardware store. I drove the stake through the holes and through the rubber floor into the ground to secure everything. 4 years and some 60 mph west texas winds and not a problem! For scent control...I don't minimize it!!! Every time I go to fill the feeders (protein and corn) I spray Ortho Home defense bug spray all in the blind!!! The deer smell it for months before I ever get in it and don't think a thing about it. Great cover and kills everything that might crawl in it. Never found a snake near them either. Not even mice poop so they aren't liking the Ortho either.

Comment

For cooling off...I take a cold shower before going to blind. I wear underarmor underwear and a black underarmor shirt and head net. Then I freeze a couple wet rags in a zip lock bag I bring in my pack and wipe myself as I get too hot in blind. Works for me and the rags are HEAVEN. I usually have to bear an hour maybe two before temp starts dropping.

Comment

The primos quiet fans are nice but not a huge difference for me. I get the wind/breeze right and open windows and let it blow thru for an hour or so then close them as the killing hour gets close. Just my 2 cents worth

Comment

I just ordered a new 6' Krivo blind.I cannot wait until bow season!Are you guys staking them down ,when placed on the ground with the horse stall mats??

Comment

For two people I would get the 8ft one. I put my 6ft one on a wood deck on the ground. Love it

Comment

Originally posted by STXBowhunter View Post
                              Are you talking about the little hand held fans?
                              No. They fold up. When you fold them out they can sit on the ground or a shelf or something. They are about 6"x6" or 8"x8", something like that. I've never bought one actually. An old lease partner left them behind. I used to give him a hard time about being a sissy and using the fans. But now I'm sure glad he left them!

Comment

I sent Mitch a PM but will ask here as well. Looking at the Big Boy but on his website it doesn't show the windows framed out like the Classic. Is this the case?

Comment

Working...
                                X