Medina county gobbler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medina county gobbler

Last thursday I headed to my lease in Medina county for an all day sit in the stand. Unfortunately, I had a couple of committments that morning but was able to get in the blind by noon. The weather was ideal and I had a feeling it would be a great hunt as I had bumped a young 8 point out of the feeder walking in. An hour had passed and I sat in my ground blind reading a book when I heard leaves crunch behind me. Then I heard another "crunch" followed by yet another "crunch". Something was walking directly toward my blind and I knew it could not be a deer being as noisy as it was. As the steps got closer and closer, I soon realized that multiple objects were heading my way. Although we don't have a problem with poachers on this lease, I prepared myself at that instant that it had to be someone coming to sit in my blind. I was so relieved when a few moments later I saw a gobbler walk just a couple of feet in front of my ground blind.......then another and yet another. As they walked under the feeder, I reached for my bow and readied myself for the shot. I let an arrow fly and the grim reaper knocked the gobbler down and he was dead within seconds.....perfect shot! I was pumped that my all day sit had produced a beautiful gobbler in such a short time. The turkeys on my lease had eluded me all season and only seemed to visit my feeders a couple of times a week. My season has produced 2 does, 1 boar and this gobbler.......with still a few weeks to close the deal on a buck or two hopefully.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01884 (800x639).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	24942421

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-27 13.18.40-1 (691x700).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	24942422

Congrats on the corn buzzard. Good looking bird.

Comment

Nice bird!

Comment

good job. i still haven't been able to smoke one of those with my bow, so I'm a little jealous.

Comment

Congrats Nice Gobbler

Comment

Great job, and very nice bird! I love to hunt them with a bow. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Pretty bird. Good job!

Comment

Great pics Albert!!!! Congrats on taking a nice Gobbler!!!! Is that a Mathews?

Comment

Nice gobbler!

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                      Great pics Albert!!!! Congrats on taking a nice Gobbler!!!! Is that a Mathews?
                      Thanks Byron! You know I only shoot Bowtech..

Comment

Awesome bird!

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Nice bird. Congratulations. I think the first picture is great too.

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Working...
                              X