Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missouri

Does the state of Missouri allow for corn feeders for deer?

I know they have a short rifle season of ten days...

I think some TBH members own places up there or have hunted Missouri...

Nope

Comment

NEGATORY

Time to hunt vs bait.

Best of Luck.

Comment

I know they don’t in Ripley or Oregon. Those are the two right across the line from me.

Comment

You can feed but you legally must stop 2 weeks before season starts in Missouri. No laws against huntin cut corn fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Deer are not allowed to eat hand or broadcast corn. If you catch any deer eating, shoot them on sight.

Comment

I thought feeders weren't allowed/legal, mixed answers here. Looking at a place near Joplin...I will call the state for better clarification.

Comment

I have hunted Missouri and a longtime resident gave me that info. Best to check with the state, let us know what you find out.

Comment

No mixed answers. Pretty much 100% say not legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No. The use of bait or a feeder is illegal while hunting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Not really...

Originally posted by 4R Daddy View Post
                      No mixed answers. Pretty much 100% say not legal.

Some people saying you can run feeders just have to shut them off ten days prior to the season starting. That's a big difference then never having a feeder at all....

Comment

Straight from MDC.

BAITING REGULATIONS
                        Prohibited
                        Use of bait — which includes grain or other feed placed or scattered so as to attract deer or turkeys — while hunting is illegal.

An area is considered baited for 10 days after complete removal of the bait.

A hunter can be in violation if they take or attempt to take a deer or turkey by the aid of bait where the hunter knows or reasonably should know that the area is or has been baited.

It is illegal to place bait in a way that causes others to be in violation of the baiting rule.

Mineral and salt blocks are not allowed on conservation areas.

Additional rules apply in the Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Management Zones.

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                          Some people saying you can run feeders just have to shut them off ten days prior to the season starting. That's a big difference then never having a feeder at all....

Turning a feeder off 2 weeks before season isn’t feeding to hunt. That’s not even baiting. I could be wrong, but I don’t think there is a state that outlaws feeding wildlife. That seems impossible.

Comment

I have been hunting in MO for over 10 years. You can not hunt over any bait. However, you can put out feeders during the offseason.

We have been feeding protein starting the weekend after bow season ends. Then, we have to drain the feeders or cover them up for turkey season. Then start again through the summer. We usually go up first wknd in Sept. and make sure they are all empty or dumped. Bow season starts Sept. 15, so between the coons, turkeys and deer, it's all gone in a few days.

We hunt around a lot of crops, beans or corn, so feeding is kind of redundant. There is plenty of food. So we concentrate on giving them the extra proteins and nourishments to help antler growth and overall herd health.

You can put out mineral/salt licks year round, but it can not be considered an attractant, like with a food type mix. With the panic over CWD, all this could change drastically this upcoming season.

Comment

So it sounds like you can't hunt a baited area until 10 days after the bait has been eatin or removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X