Bolt Gun with 18” or 20” threaded barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt Gun with 18” or 20” threaded barrel

Anyone running a factory bolt gun with a shorter threaded barrel ?
    I’d like something fairly compact so it won’t be so hard to maneuver in a deer stand or sxs when suppressed.

I’m interested in the ruger American predator 308 that has an 18” barrel and the ruger American compact 6.5 with the 20”. Also noticed weatherby has a 20” hbar vanguard that comes threaded. Not really interested in any of the American ranch calibers. Would like to stay with 308,6.5 or 7/08 since I already have these calibers. Just want something that is accurate that doesn’t break the bank since it’ll be getting bumped around a lot. Would like to stay around the $500 mark so I can put extra $$ towards nice glass

-Thanks

Any of those calibers will be fine in a 20” barrel as long as bullet weight and barrel twist rate are compatible. Can even go shorter with 308 and 7-08. Barrel length does not directly affect accuracy.

Comment

I have a Remington 700 with a factory 16.5 threaded barrel in .308. I use it mainly for subsonic suppressed shooting but I have shot a few deer with supersonic rounds thru. Very nice rig for the money. 1:10 twist

Comment

I flat out love my American 308 ranch. It is one heck of a gun

Comment

I have a Tikka 7mm-08 Compact light w/20" threaded. Works great

Comment

Remington Model 7. Fantastic firearms.

Comment

I have a couple rem 700 in .308 with 16” barrels. Work great. Shoot suppressed only.

Comment

Savage hog hunter rebored to 358 Winchester

Comment

Check out the Bergara B14 Ridge Rifle. They are making an 18” 6.5 and .308 with a bit of a heavier barrel that is threaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                    Check out the Bergara B14 Ridge Rifle. They are making an 18” 6.5 and .308 with a bit of a heavier barrel that is threaded.

Thanks. I’ve read great things about the bergaras.. that 18” sp looks niceee

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                      Thanks. I’ve read great things about the bergaras.. that 18” sp looks niceee

Yes it is! I have the 270 version of the rifle and it shoots awesome. The best part about these rifles is the customer service is great! And they guarantee sub MOA with factory ammo.

Here was 1000 yards today with the B14 HMR in .308. Using 175grain Sierra Match Kings

Comment

Working...
                      X