Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
    Good Report. Hope it all hangs in there with The Heat Kicking In.

Thanks for the Update
    Yessir, it was 99 degrees while we were putting out cottonseed and wormer corn.
    On the plus side, Coors Light was only $14 a case at the OXXO!!!!
    But, gasoline is $4 a gallon at the Pemexs???
    2 five gallon cans was $41.
    Oh well, it is all good, we had a good time.

Comment

Be thankful you didn't have to buy Diesel. LoL
      Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
      Yessir, it was 99 degrees while we were putting out cottonseed and wormer corn.
      On the plus side, Coors Light was only $14 a case at the OXXO!!!!
      But, gasoline is $4 a gallon at the Pemexs???
      2 five gallon cans was $41.
      Oh well, it is all good, we had a good time.
      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any rain reports from last night?

Comment

We got a whopping .17 of a inch. But it’s better than nothing I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got 0.58"... That's the more then we've had combined since March 12 when we last went to the ranch.

Think that puts us around 1" for the past few months

Comment

Bo,
              It must be super high this year??
              So much so that it has our dozer and maintainer sitting still.
              They are just not gonna pay these "ridiculous " prices.
              Year before last, it wasn't an issue.

Comment

Glad I’m finally on a place with electricity, and not having to buy diesel for generator anymore [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Question, I know you can’t bring cans of gas/diesel across. But what if you had an aux tank in the bed of your truck that’s gravity fed into your tank on your truck? Technically that’s your fuel tank, would they tax you or would you be good to go?

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
                    Question, I know you can’t bring cans of gas/diesel across. But what if you had an aux tank in the bed of your truck that’s gravity fed into your tank on your truck? Technically that’s your fuel tank, would they tax you or would you be good to go?
                    It's a grey area. They definitely make it a big deal. If your fill spout is not straight your good. Tie two empty gas cans to it and tell them it's empty. They stop one of my hunters every time he crosses with his but, that trick has been working sofar with no problems. LoL

Comment

Your aux. tank won't be an issue. The only problem I have run into is with gas cans.
                      You need to buy that $4.50/gallon Mexico gas.
                      Their reason being, that they don't want you to be transporting fuel to drug cartels.
                      Last edited by bukkskin; 05-15-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I have a fuelbox. Looks like a toolbox but only about 6” on top is open for tools, the rest is a tank, pile some tools, straps, wire, the normal crap we have in our tool boxes and they never know. Just to be safe I ran a “dummy” hose down towards my tank if I’m ever questioned about it I can say it’s tied into my trucks factory tank. Holds 60 gallons I think. Never purchased gas or diesel in Mexico��

Comment

It's a grey area. They definitely make it a big deal. If your fill spout is not straight your good. Tie two empty gas cans to it and tell them it's empty. They stop one of my hunters every time he crosses with his but, that trick has been working sofar with no problems. LoL

Get a 72 gallon L tank and fill it and your truck up before you cross and you’re set for your stay in MX, no more expensive diesel ha

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                            Your aux. tank won't be an issue. The only problem I have run into is with gas cans.
                            You need to buy that $4.50/gallon Mexico gas.
                            Their reason being, that they don't want you to be transporting fuel to drug cartels.
                            Sounds like you need a diesel Polaris and an aux tank!

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
                              I have a fuelbox. Looks like a toolbox but only about 6” on top is open for tools, the rest is a tank, pile some tools, straps, wire, the normal crap we have in our tool boxes and they never know. Just to be safe I ran a “dummy” hose down towards my tank if I’m ever questioned about it I can say it’s tied into my trucks factory tank. Holds 60 gallons I think. Never purchased gas or diesel in Mexico��
                              Reason I asked, a buddy of mine has a 72 gallon L tank in the bed of his truck, and it is set up to where that’s the only place to pump diesel into his truck, they took the normal hose and just connected it straight onto the aux tank. They really couldn’t throw a fit over that since it’s literally just his trucks fuel tank

Comment

Reason I asked, a buddy of mine has a 72 gallon L tank in the bed of his truck, and it is set up to where that’s the only place to pump diesel into his truck, they took the normal hose and just connected it straight onto the aux tank. They really couldn’t throw a fit over that since it’s literally just his trucks fuel tank
                                They can throw a fit over just about anything. It just depends on where you cross and who you are dealing with. Nothing surprises me anymore. And a 72 gallon fuel tank in bed of the truck could create problems for you at some point. Even if it is filled through the OEM fill port (not sure how that is possible).

Comment

Working...
                                X