No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been on this for 7 weeks now. Started out 6’2” 290, first month dropped to 279 and have been hovering 279-281 ever since. I have however lost considerable inches, shirts no longer gap open at the buttons, pants can actually be fastened without struggling. All without being in Ketosis according to the p strips. Really want to kick this thing into high gear, get hard into Ketosis and drop another 40-50 pounds. Any suggestions.

Comment

My wife and I started Monday. I'm doing good, but she's struggling with the no sugar. I'm blown away at the amount of fat you need to intake. Just goes against everything you hear about eating healthy. She only wants to lose 15-20 lbs. I need to lose 40-50. The thing I like about this diet is that to me the challenge is staying in ketosis and losing weight is just a wanted side effect. Same concept just a different way of looking at it and a different goal.

I don't drink coffee. What do guys recommended for a high fat drink?

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
        My wife and I started Monday. I'm doing good, but she's struggling with the no sugar. I'm blown away at the amount of fat you need to intake. Just goes against everything you hear about eating healthy. She only wants to lose 15-20 lbs. I need to lose 40-50. The thing I like about this diet is that to me the challenge is staying in ketosis and losing weight is just a wanted side effect. Same concept just a different way of looking at it and a different goal.

I don't drink coffee. What do guys recommended for a high fat drink?
        Keto coffee minus the coffee...time to cowboy up. [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
          Keto coffee minus the coffee...time to cowboy up. [emoji16]

LOL! I found some keto milkshake recipes that look pretty good.

My biggest challenge is going to be staying away from beer especially at bownanza! Guess I'll be sippin' on some vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
            LOL! I found some keto milkshake recipes that look pretty good.

My biggest challenge is going to be staying away from beer especially at bownanza! Guess I'll be sippin' on some vodka.
            I hear ya there. A couple won't hurt ya. What gets me is the guys who say they're "low carb" and then down 17 Michelob ultra. Come on.

In all seriousness, the research I've read showed an emphasis on the caffeine intake with high fat drinks such as keto coffee. The caffeine would trigger the body to metabolize quicker thus getting the fats into the bloodstream quicker - i.e. kicks ketosis into high gear.

Someone can correct me on that if need be. Are you a hot tea kind of guy? Maybe there's a keto tea idea there....

Comment

I’m not a fan of anything hot. Hell I drink my milk in a frosted mug with a handful of ice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’ll be surprised at how much you can drink and not get knocked out of Ketosis you will find your tolerance to be a lot lower so be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by cbarnes View Post
                  Been on this for 7 weeks now. Started out 6’2” 290, first month dropped to 279 and have been hovering 279-281 ever since. I have however lost considerable inches, shirts no longer gap open at the buttons, pants can actually be fastened without struggling. All without being in Ketosis according to the p strips. Really want to kick this thing into high gear, get hard into Ketosis and drop another 40-50 pounds. Any suggestions.
                  I hear you, man. I have been at 170 for 8 months. I don't really follow a diet. I just don't eat anything that contains sugar and I try to limit my carbs to less than 20 a day. I don't know how many calories I eat in a day and I don't know how much fat and protein I take in.

I know that when I was really losing weight, I was eating a ton of fat. Keto coffee, avocados, cheese, eggs cooked in butter or bacon grease, bacon etc. I probably ate some form of eggs 2x a day. I didn't cheat at all for 6 months. I lost 30lbs.

I don't know if there is a correlation but once I started counting "net carbs" instead of just carbs and incorporating low carb tortillas, the weight loss declined. So if you are eating those you might want to give them up. Also, there are some sugar free candies that contain sugar alcohols that supposedly won't take you out of keto. They definitely slowed me down.

Now, I cheat about one meal a week, pizza/burger/beer. I am not gaining but I am not losing either.

Really like to lose another 5lbs. Anyone in a similar stall?

Comment

I am very interested in this diet. Can you get the stuff for Keto coffe at any grocery store?

Comment

Yes

Comment

How do you determine your personal fat, protein, carb daily carb intake? Is there a app out there?

Comment

I don’t. But I’m sure they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                            How do you determine your personal fat, protein, carb daily carb intake? Is there a app out there?
                            My Fitness Pal will track macros (% of fat, protein, carbs) after you input your daily food and drink intake.

Comment

Their are lots of them online. Just google calorie calculator. Then once it gives you that number, break it down in to your macro's, 70% fat 25% protein and 5% carbs. You can move your total number up and down as needed for your goals.

Comment

Or, start off at 2000 calories and adjust up or down as needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X