Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
    I use this app to log everything either on my phone or computer. I think it is more accurate then My Fitness Pal and it breaks everything out.

IOS- Carb Maanager
    Hmm, I'll look in to it, thanks. I don't really trust MFP for their calorie counts. I usually use other sites like Fatsecrets and a couple others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
      Hmm, I'll look in to it, thanks. I don't really trust MFP for their calorie counts. I usually use other sites like Fatsecrets and a couple others as well.
      I try and scan all my foods as we cook them and compare the app to the package. The only issue is playing with the serving size if you make a large batch of something. The wife and I started this last week and has been going good so far.

Comment

I noticed when I take a my multivitamin (mega men's sport) it throws a huge false keto reading. Anyone else notice this? Google search showed it's fairly common.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
          Alcohol itself doesn’t bunk you out of ketosis. The residual carbs and sugars in the drinks can though. Distilled alcohol essentially hits the pause button on your fat burn because your body will burn alcohol before all other energy sources. It isn’t actually a carb in an of itself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          that kicks you out. those pee strips aint reliable. I'm speaking from losing 95 pounds last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            that kicks you out. those pee strips aint reliable. I'm speaking from losing 95 pounds last year.
            Did you test with a blood ketone meter?

Comment

Scale is moving again. I think all I needed was a good cheat meal and 3 fingers of buffalo trace. That was Wednesday night and I was still purple yesterday and this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                Scale is moving again. I think all I needed was a good cheat meal and 3 fingers of buffalo trace. That was Wednesday night and I was still purple yesterday and this morning.
                I'm thinking I might have my calories to low. I'm going to up them a bit to see what happens. Sunday will be a little cheat for me.

Comment

How long did it normally take for you guys to start dropping some digits on the scale? Been at it a few weeks, moderate ketone levels from pee sticks. I'll admit been busy at work with 14 hr plus days so haven't had much time to get to the gym. But I'm not seeing anything change on the scale.

Just curious to see what everyone experience d at the front end. I need to start getting back to the gym and see how that changes things.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                    How long did it normally take for you guys to start dropping some digits on the scale? Been at it a few weeks, moderate ketone levels from pee sticks. I'll admit been busy at work with 14 hr plus days so haven't had much time to get to the gym. But I'm not seeing anything change on the scale.

Just curious to see what everyone experience d at the front end. I need to start getting back to the gym and see how that changes things.

I'm in he same boat... carbs pretty well gone, sugars the same. Fats up and no movement on the scale. My workouts are intense already (were before diet altering). I do feel better though, and I'm sure the weight will move down eventually

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                      I'm in he same boat... carbs pretty well gone, sugars the same. Fats up and no movement on the scale. My workouts are intense already (were before diet altering). I do feel better though, and I'm sure the weight will move down eventually
                      I'm having the same thought. Feels like the scale should be reading 10 lbs less than it is just by the way I'm feeling. I'm not giving up on it yet...still trying to figure out why I'm not getting high ketone levels on the pee sticks.

Comment

Stay with it folks. It happens in stages for me, 2-5lbs in a week then I stall again maybe for 2 weeks. I'm ok with that - it's a marathon and should be a lifetime change.

Comment

Weeks 3-8 they say your body can be in a what the fuuuu mode on trying to figure out how to use fats as fuel. Once it taps in to that fuel source, it’ll drop off.
                          Last edited by icetrauma; 02-04-2018, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Got off the train today for a date day with the with. Back on tomorrow, no worries, I got this.

Comment

I can’t believ *** is censored! That’s W. T. F.

Comment

Going to be interesting but I am going to make some tacos I found some jicama tortillas chicken flautas are on the menu boys
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X