Muscle Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    You wouldn't be able to get one down here...people are still paying adm's for 350's & raptors. Ford dealers are much worse on this than in general vs chevy with these specialty cars & markup. I might have been in a 350r but nobody would dance. Sorta glad because I think the ZL1 was a better choice for me personally.

I REALLY think you ought to get one so we can set up a track day...this way I can get a ride.

It's going to be interesting to see if that 750 is factual...I personally don't see how they can do it on the current voodoo 5.2 Flat plane crank with a blower, but man would that be cool having a super charged beast that can rev to 8200rpm!! Just a lot to ask of Ford being able to warrantee such a build. Now if they go to the rumored cross plane crank in the 5.2 (to me, it's no longer the voodoo) that will give them a little more room to achieve the 750 & keep them together.

GM is simply hand assembling the LT4 with a bigger blower & little more aggressive cam to go from 650 to 750 with the LT5 they are dropping into the 19 ZR1...the A10 wouldn't fit. Guess we will have to wait to see what they do with the mid engine.

I love the competition between the big three & we just need Dodge to get off their duff and make a dang car that will compete with the mustang & Camaro on the road course...I know they can do it because of the success with the viper. Time to update that ole chassis on the charger / challenger and step up. They seem to be happy playing to their base with the straight line though??
    I think the whole dealer mark up crap is stupid as hell and don't like it one bit. There are some dealers that are better than others about it though.

Before we bought this one I was doing some internet browsing and saw the video of the 350 and the ZL1. I started talking about the ZL1, Hellcat and Vettes and got shot down quick seeing as we have always been into mustangs.

I was planning on getting a GT with the A10 and a blower, but got to drive the 350 and plans changed. Plus, I don't know if I could live with driving an auto around all the time. It would be ideal on the drag strip though. The 350 sounds awesome and will rev to 8250. You just want to drive it everywhere.

I agree if the change the crank it will not be a VOODOO. Some guys have added power adders and are making killer power. I might have to join them if not, I'll let Ford do it for me with the 500.

Comment

Ahhhh...........the sweet freedom of youth, when I could spend all my money on my ride, and all my free time on the street.........Sadly long gone now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stang1.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	24527959

Name:	Camaro2.JPG
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	24527960

Name:	SS2.JPG
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	24527961

Stu

Comment

I struggled over the tranny but glad I went with the A10...it is a phenomenal piece of work & both GM & Ford should be proud. It's amazing to me what guys are doing with mods on the ZL1 & some reaching 1000rwhp, with most going to 750-800 which is more usable for the road course.

I'm not partial one way or another or brand loyal per say, I just like cars and what each brings to the table...you are correct, the voodoo & LT4 derive their power in completely different forms. I really prefer the low end torque the conventional pushrod power lays down, but there is no denying the dohc, higher revs and especially the way the flat plane 350 & similar exotics love to scream.

GM just gave another black eye to Ford...if they ever offer the LT5 in the ZL1, sign me up!! I would be surprised if the GT500 will be able to beat the ZL1 1LE at VIR or the 'Ring as it is on the heals of the GT already. I love the mustang but GM engineering is handing it to everyone on the track & gotta give credit where it is due.

Originally posted by Fooshman View Post
        I think the whole dealer mark up crap is stupid as hell and don't like it one bit. There are some dealers that are better than others about it though.

Before we bought this one I was doing some internet browsing and saw the video of the 350 and the ZL1. I started talking about the ZL1, Hellcat and Vettes and got shot down quick seeing as we have always been into mustangs.

I was planning on getting a GT with the A10 and a blower, but got to drive the 350 and plans changed. Plus, I don't know if I could live with driving an auto around all the time. It would be ideal on the drag strip though. The 350 sounds awesome and will rev to 8250. You just want to drive it everywhere.

I agree if the change the crank it will not be a VOODOO. Some guys have added power adders and are making killer power. I might have to join them if not, I'll let Ford do it for me with the 500.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
          MacDaddy67
          Yes, trucks like that one definitely count.
          Beautiful color.
          58 Apache?
          59 Apache

Its a Dodge color called Copperhead.

It changes color depending on the light conditions....in bright sunlight it looks burnt orange....under lights it looks copperish...

It a fun ride

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
            1983 Z/28 Crossfire (Vette S/Block) Camaro

All original including the paint

Graphite composite hood with a pair of working butterfly valve intakes that suck cold air into the 305 small block.

The engine is the Corvette Crossfire fuel injection option available only in 1982 & 1983. It has a pair of air filters sitting over dual throttle bodies on a Chevy custom dual intake, which suck cold air through the dual butterfly valves when the engine is punched = like secondaries on a 4 barrel - sucks air straight in through the hood.

That's a bad a** car! Makes me miss my 84 formula trans am with a 400sbc pushing 425 to the wheels. Ill try to find pics when I get home

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Recent image of the old 50 Business Coupe. Been running it every month or so around Kerrville to keep it functional and rolling. If you see me rolling around the area, give me a shout!

Comment

Thanks Demlio78! It's a fun cruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I struggled over the tranny but glad I went with the A10...it is a phenomenal piece of work & both GM & Ford should be proud. It's amazing to me what guys are doing with mods on the ZL1 & some reaching 1000rwhp, with most going to 750-800 which is more usable for the road course.

I'm not partial one way or another or brand loyal per say, I just like cars and what each brings to the table...you are correct, the voodoo & LT4 derive their power in completely different forms. I really prefer the low end torque the conventional pushrod power lays down, but there is no denying the dohc, higher revs and especially the way the flat plane 350 & similar exotics love to scream.

GM just gave another black eye to Ford...if they ever offer the LT5 in the ZL1, sign me up!! I would be surprised if the GT500 will be able to beat the ZL1 1LE at VIR or the 'Ring as it is on the heals of the GT already. I love the mustang but GM engineering is handing it to everyone on the track & gotta give credit where it is due.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/02/...d-ford-gt.html
                  That new vette looks killer!

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    Beautiful truck! I had a 58 Apache I had to sell when I was in Arizona 25yrs ago

Comment

Stopped by the body shop today. Color looks great. We should have it back home next week.

Name:	IMG_9374.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	24533797

Name:	IMG_9419.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	24533798

Name:	IMG_9420.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	24533799

Comment

Muscle Car Thread

Got some go fast parts for my nova

And the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hgiles is that a '64? I've seen a few of them fixed up like what you are doing. I love that body style especially when it is hot rodded out. Keep updating the thread as you make progress on that beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                            Stopped by the body shop today. Color looks great. We should have it back home next week.

[ATTACH]899893[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]899894[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]899895[/ATTACH]
                            Nice work. Big respect from me. Do you have a video? I would like to hear her

Comment

Originally posted by patrik95 View Post
                              Nice work. Big respect from me. Do you have a video? I would like to hear her
                              I would like to as well. The engine is on stand waiting for the paint to finish and reassembly to start back up.

Comment

Muscle Car Thread

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                                hgiles is that a '64? I've seen a few of them fixed up like what you are doing. I love that body style especially when it is hot rodded out. Keep updating the thread as you make progress on that beauty.

Yup it’s a 64. The only thing still factory is the body. It’s got a new frame and chassis under it. I’ve tried to build it all myself. Finishing up the roll cage right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X