The case of the missing battery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The case of the missing battery...

So I checked my trail cameras last Sunday and had a bit of a surprise. I pull the card, put it in the laptop and download the pics. There’s only 4 pics!! So I look at them and this is what I see.

These are pics of my buddy and I driving off. Those are the only pics! So I delete the photos from the SD card, put it back in the camera and click the camera to setup to make sure things are ok and that the batteries are good. It won’t come on. I look at the batteries and this is what I see.

My father in law and I are the only ones that check the feeders and I’m the only one that checks the cameras. Myself, my father in law, brother in law and nephews are the only ones that hunt here, and I’m the only one that bow hunts. On top of all that, I’m the one that hunts the most. Three of my nephews live 5 hours away and the other is usually so busy with sports he rarely gets to hunt. My point is, no one who has permission to be out here has been out here other than myself and my father in law. Is it possible that a battery fell out when I was checking the camera a week earlier and it had enough power with 7 batteries to take 4 pics? That’s my only explanation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

battery missing, circuit is not complete and the camera will not work. Someone who knew the camera was there, could have walked up behind it, open it, and remove the battery while they did their business. If it fell out you should have found it under the camera

Comment

Originally posted by BillDecker View Post
      battery missing, circuit is not complete and the camera will not work. Someone who knew the camera was there, could have walked up behind it, open it, and remove the battery while they did their business. If it fell out you should have found it under the camera
      Not for all cameras...

I have a camera that will take 12 AA batteries but will run with only 10

Comment

Comment

I have had the same issue with several different brand cameras. I have found that when I changed batteries (even when cameras says they are good ) it has fixed the problem. This seems to be even more true with rayovac batteries. Will never use them again. Jmo.

Comment

Didn't see missing battery so idk

Comment

That camera will run on 4 batts. Either 4 on top or 4 on bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                4 on top. You have some other issue

Comment

YEP. I have 4 of those..

Comment

I had a similar situation with a camera inside a steel locked box. Last year final trip of the season pulled the card after missing a few weekends due to the holidays and other stuff so 3 weeks worth of time with only a picture of me leaving the camera after setting it up previously and a couple of me approaching it to remove the card.

All season I had hundreds of squirrel and deer pics this time after 3 weeks not a sign of anything. I would say someone erased it but it was in a locked box. I would say the camera malfunctioned or I didn't set it properly but pictures from 3 weeks before setting it up and that morning checking the card with none in between.

Comment

Do you format SD each time you change cards?

I do just to be sure. I run about 12 of those cameras.

Comment

I have the same camera as well. I recently swapped it out for another one, and only had 10 batteries, and it showed that it had a 3/4 charge. Also, make sure to hit the switch from 'setup' to 'on'; don't ask me how I know this. You can also change the setting on the sensitivity at night, that could help. Was there any corn under the feeder?

Comment

That’s what I was hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            YEP. I have 4 of those..

They’re great cameras. I have 2 of them and so far they’ve lasted 8 seasons!

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                              I had a similar situation with a camera inside a steel locked box. Last year final trip of the season pulled the card after missing a few weekends due to the holidays and other stuff so 3 weeks worth of time with only a picture of me leaving the camera after setting it up previously and a couple of me approaching it to remove the card.

All season I had hundreds of squirrel and deer pics this time after 3 weeks not a sign of anything. I would say someone erased it but it was in a locked box. I would say the camera malfunctioned or I didn't set it properly but pictures from 3 weeks before setting it up and that morning checking the card with none in between.

That’s crazy!

Comment

Working...
                              X