Broadhead Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead Question

What would be your choice out of Dirt Nap or Magnus Stinger broadheads and why? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnus. They’re sharp, they kill and they have a lifetime warranty.

Comment

Don't know about dirt nap but stingers are probably the best bh I've shot. They fly well and leave a nice hole. Like said above, send em in and get replacements. They are probably cheaper too.

Comment

They both are good heads. They both have the lifetime warranty. All personal preference after that.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Slick tricks. Basically the same the as dirt naps, right?

Comment

I did buy some dirt naps to try this year, but the fly funny out of my bow. Doubt if I switch now that killin season is here.

Comment

Magnus stingers/Buzzcuts are made in USA. Dirt Nap are assembled here but the parts made overseas. I know because I talked to the owner early last year about this topic. I like buying made in the USA products when I can. I use Solid Legend's now but used Magnus heads a lot when I shot trad and I always had great success with them. Mike is a great guy and backs his products.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
                Slick tricks. Basically the same the as dirt naps, right?

The Slick Tricks I have seen don't look anything like a DRT head!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I make mine out of a ban saw blade attached to a 5/16 oak dowl rod. I just have to get a deer in front of me to park one in.

Comment

Stingers are great and the warranty is legit

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                      Magnus stingers/Buzzcuts are made in USA. Dirt Nap are assembled here but the parts made overseas. I know because I talked to the owner early last year about this topic. I like buying made in the USA products when I can. I use Solid Legend's now but used Magnus heads a lot when I shot trad and I always had great success with them. Mike is a great guy and backs his products.
                      Have you tried iron will heads ? I shot solids for a time and they are good heads. But " chip" easily on the blades. The iron will is a lot like them but better made IMO. And they are made here. I still prefer German kenitcs over both, but they are not made here, obviously. Sorry didn't mean to side track ops question.

Comment

Stinger
                        - warranty
                        - sharp and easy to sharpen
                        - fly like field points

Comment

Stingers. They just flat out work. DN gave me some broadheads to test and there was like a 10gn variance in them. I shot one through a metal barrel and the bleeder blade made a bigger slit in the Ferrel so it kept moving and the blades didn't hold up

Comment

I will stick with Magnus products for the reasons above and they are a lot like the old Bear broadheads I started off hunting with. Dirt naps, we have one member that said he will not be using them again after his elk hunt. Check Goldsteins NM elk. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ight=broadhead

Comment

Thanks fellas, ordered some Magnus Stingers this afternoon from the Broadhead Barn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X