Do the UPS stores charge more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the UPS stores charge more?

Do they? Going to try printing my own labels next time from UPS online. UPS store ate my lunch shipping 2 packages within Texas.

Any other shipping recommendations / tips?

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
    Do they? Going to try printing my own labels next time from UPS online. UPS store ate my lunch shipping 2 packages within Texas.

compare prices and ship with cheapest online service.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing! I tried to return some stuff that I had purchased and the cost of shipping was more than what I would get back on the return.

Comment

We've shipped hundreds of our feeder units all over the country - TX, OK, MO, KS, LA - and FedEx does us right. Box size is the key cost driver, then destination distance. It is cheaper for us to put multiple units in a single box than it is to ship multiple smaller boxes, as long as we don't go over 50#. We do have a FedEx account and it gets us a slight discount. Also, shipping to a business address is cheaper than shipping to a household address.

BTW, not all stores are the same. Retail stores have varying "adders" for shipping on top of the FedEx costs.

Comment

I use my business UPS account when selling TBH or other classifieds and it is supposed to get me a nice discount because we spend thousands shipping international with them. What I have noticed however is that they will absolutely rape you for residential shipping.

Here lately, I just go with USPS. While my home mail service is horrendous, I have not had an issue with any packages I've shipped with them.

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post

Yes, the UPS Stores do charge more money than taking it to the UPS main location. You can sign up online and purchase your shipping & have them pick it up cheaper than taking it to a UPS store

Comment

Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                I use my business UPS account when selling TBH or other classifieds and it is supposed to get me a nice discount because we spend thousands shipping international with them. What I have noticed however is that they will absolutely rape you for residential shipping.

Here lately, I just go with USPS. While my home mail service is horrendous, I have not had an issue with any packages I've shipped with them.
                At work, if it's a "have to be overnight", we use UPS, if it's a "just ship it", we use USPS. Knock on wood, we've never had an issue with USPS

If you call 1-800-PICKUPS for a UPS pickup, they charge $5 to stop and pick it up (or it used to be)

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

This is true. The same package that was going to cost over $50 to ship I paid my buddy $18 to ship through his business account.

Comment

The UPS store charges the UPS rate plus a small percentage for their own revenue. That's how they make their money.

I only use them for convenience if I am in the area or don't feel like dealing with the beat down that is the USPO or a UPS location at busy times. I'll pay $1 or 2 more to not have to deal with a 20 person line.

Comment

Get a MyUPS account setup and just drop them off at the UPS store or a drop box for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If your shipping a pkg in Texas to a destination in Texas, ship it ground and it will make it there next day. The only exception will be from like Houston to el Paso. Pretty much anything else will get there the next day if shipped ground service level. Yes ups stores do charge more money than if u were to drop it off at a hub or already have the package ready to go and give it to your local driver

Comment

Working...
                        X