Anchor Point Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anchor Point Question

I have been watching a lot of archery and bowhunting videos. I have noticed that my anchor point is different than what I see on videos.

I'm wondering if my draw length is too long?? When at full draw the top vane is in the corner of my mouth and the nock is vertically inline with the rear corner of my eye.

I see most people in videos that the arrow is lower on the jaw and more forward where the nock is inline vertically with the corner of the mouth, so more forward and lower.

Are my anchor points wrong, I'm wondering if the vanes are making contact with my face or beard.

picture for reference
    Last edited by justin81; 10-16-2017, 08:43 PM.

Normally the string just touches the end of your nose. Your anchor point will very depending on using fingers or a release. And different releases can put your anchor point at different places. Please do not confuse a anchor point with draw length.

Comment

I don't like any string pressure on my face. My d loop comes in between my eye and my ear just past the corner of my mouth. With the string barely touching the corner of my mouth and then the tip of my nose as well. If you want some good tips on anchor points YouTube John Dudley's videos he has a lot of pretty decent instructional stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn’t see pic before. Doesn’t look bad on DL.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
          Didn’t see pic before. Doesn’t look bad on DL.

Same. I would look out for the string pressure on the face though

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
            I have been watching a lot of archery and bowhunting videos. I have noticed that my anchor point is different than what I see on videos.

I'm wondering if my draw length is too long?? When at full draw the top vane is in the corner of my mouth and the nock is vertically inline with the rear corner of my eye.

I see most people in videos that the arrow is lower on the jaw and more forward where the nock is inline vertically with the corner of the mouth, so more forward and lower.

Are my anchor points wrong, I'm wondering if the vanes are making contact with my face or beard.

picture for reference
            You're almost there.
            Basically, you're close, almost there.

Nationwide is on my side..
            Basically,almost...
            Close, but almost there.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              You're almost there.
              Basically, you're close, almost there.

Nationwide is on my side..
              Basically,almost...
              Close, but almost there.
              The expert has spoken!!

Hi Richard

I’ll see you right after season for new string/cable

Comment

Originally posted by cpatterson View Post
                Same. I would look out for the string pressure on the face though

Thanks, I'll practice tomorrow with less string pressure

Comment

By no means an expert, but I have to think that as long as you are consistent, you will hit your mark.

Comment

I am very consistent in practice and it shows on my targets.

I've missed three deer this season. #1 was to broadhead tuning (shot it in the dirt 12" in front of her), #2 was to overdoing it with my broadhead tuning (shot high over her back), and #3 just made no sense to me at all. It felt like everything was lined up perfectly and missed a spike at 15 yards (shot 6" in front of him and into the dirt).

I started watching videos to see what i could be doing wrong and noticed my anchors were different. Talking to you guys I think my anchor and form are "fine" but could use improvement.

Plan for tomorrow is

1.) Re-test with my real rage hypos, not with my practice heads although the practice heads do shoot perfectly with my field points. Thinking the practice head might not be flying the same as the "real" rage. (let me know if this is a waste of time and $$, do your Rage Hypos fly the same as the practice head it comes with??)

2.) Get back up in the stand and shoot down at the target. I did this for hours before the season started with field points and I was getting great shots.

3.) . May come to the realization I am rushing the shot.

4.) . Need to really concentrate on how I'm moving my body from the seated position. Again I fired for hours seated without issues.

5.) find the perfect spot to aim on a deer to get a perfect shot wether they duck or jump. #1 doe jumped the arrow, #2 doe ducked, #3 spike jumped.

I think I may just suck at bow hunting hahaha
                    Last edited by justin81; 10-16-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X