Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of you guys post too dang much. Ready to hear the full story, hope it all works out. What a buck!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Something tells me TPWD doesn't confiscate a deer for several minutes past shooting time archery shot. There's more to the story and unfortunately we'll probably never know.
      If the deer was shot late, LDP taken during light of day (can't tell definitively, but doesn't appear to be field dressed), deer still obviously in killer's possession, how in the world would anyone know this purported 2nd grassy knoll shot was late? Who's on 1st?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        Pay attention.
        It was stabbed twice, shot 4 times, set on fire once, and apparently made to drink alcohol with skinny.

So essentially the deer ended up harvesting itself after a bad day?

Comment

Cliff notes for ya.

Great man shoots a great deer.

Makes bad shot.

Can't live with that and looks hard for him. For two days.

Great man finds great deer 2 days later, shoots him again with bow again.

Here is what I don't know 100%, I hear second shot was well after dark.

In addition deer was seen during those 2 days at a feeder.

I HEAR ...mayeb deer would have survived the first shot.

So there is all I know folks. And it's from 2 sources.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            Cliff notes for ya.

Great man shoots a great deer.

Makes bad shot.

Can't live with that and looks hard for him. For two days.

Great man finds great deer 2 days later, shoots him again with bow again.

Here is what I don't know 100%, I hear second shot was well after dark.

In addition deer was seen during those 2 days at a feeder.

I HEAR ...mayeb deer would have survived the first shot.

So there is all I know folks. And it's from 2 sources.
            in my opinion, 2 days between shots doesn't allow for an after hours dispatching unless it was situation where people were doing a grid search and found it struggling.

right now, it sounds like someone let large horns and his first shot failure drive him to a bad decision.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
              in my opinion, 2 days between shots doesn't allow for an after hours dispatching unless it was situation where people were doing a grid search and found it struggling.

right now, it sounds like someone let large horns and his first shot failure drive him to a bad decision.

Sounds like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post

That sounds right.

Comment

Just read every dam post and could have skipped to the last 5 lol.

Comment

Honestly its between him and the GW, He doesn't owe us window lickers a dang thing!

Nice buck, I hope it all works out well in the end and we all wasted half a day hypothesizing the what could have beens and who done its for nothing!

Comment

Fellow TBH'er killed possible state record????????

Only thing that doesn’t make sense is being able find a deer 2 days later and get within archery range of a buck without it being mortally wounded after dark......Deer shot well still get up haul arse if they are pushed. I’ll take Steve’s word until Travis or TPWD says otherwise. Deer of a lifetime and then some! Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                        Just read every dam post and could have skipped to the last 5 lol.

Right here with you!

Comment

Finally caught up. Hope it ends up going in the way of Travis. Heck of a deer.

Comment

Thank you Spearchunker.

OK we have some firm(ish) details let's stop judging the man until we know more. Unfortunately I doubt that's happening any time soon, these things probably take a year or more.

Man that's a great buck.

Comment

Sounds like this fellows screen name has him covered...

Comment

Just to clarify, I DO NOT know what actually happened. Long before I ever heard of this thread common friends of mine and Travis’ texted me a little info. That is why I WILL NOT speculate on any specifics of this buck and Travis. Period
                                Travis is a stand up guy, a good Christian man and one hell of a hunter. I’d stand back to back with him anytime he ask and he wouldn’t have to ask...
                                This will get straightened out and we may or may not ever know the whole story.
                                That will be Travis’ decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X