Wildlife Management Valuation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Management Valuation?

Anybody here on the Green-Screen have experience with this program? This is my family’s second year with it, and our first with a new property divide. We’re following a plan outlined by Plateau, but I’m interested in hearing about folk’s experiences with it, specifically what your records-keeping process looked like, and what kind of scrutiny you’ve faced from the tax man. I’ve had a blast this year getting to really dig in on our place and put in hours and sweat on a plan that will make my hunting even better over the years to come. I’ve built and installed nearly two dozen birdhouses, I built a pair of 55 gallon bird **coughturkeycough** feeders, I’ve installed one plumbed water source, and I’m building two big rain-catchers, and it’s been extremely cathartic to clear out a big area of re-growth cedar.

I just spoke with Tim with Plateau and he was very helpful in directing me on how to start what I have to do on my place. I'm no where near where you are in the process, but I am very excited to see how it works out.

Comment

Minimum acreage needed?

Comment

Their ads are working I see. Got one for my massive 1 acre tract.

Comment

We have a wildlife exemption on our place,we show pictures of predator control(hogs in traps,dead coyotes,bobcat,coons,skunks dead hogs etc) receipts for protein (no corn), pictures of food plots and show the receipts for the seed. We to have Bluebird houses all over the place,pictures of turkey at the turkey feeders,and feeders that have protein available 24/7. We also write a report on what animals we see while at the place and while hunting,what animals were taken and their condition,hope this will help and kind of a idea,so far so good,this is our third year

Comment

Originally posted by Ilik2hunt View Post
            We have a wildlife exemption on our place,we show pictures of predator control(hogs in traps,dead coyotes,bobcat,coons,skunks dead hogs etc) receipts for protein (no corn), pictures of food plots and show the receipts for the seed. We to have Bluebird houses all over the place,pictures of turkey at the turkey feeders,and feeders that have protein available 24/7. We also write a report on what animals we see while at the place and while hunting,what animals were taken and their condition,hope this will help and kind of a idea,so far so good,this is our third year
            About the same here.

Comment

What is plateau and if they provide services how much are they?

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                ^^ This ^^

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                  ^^ This ^^

Comment

Following

Comment

All of the documents are here including rules, fillable plans, reporting docs, and accepted practices per ecoregion.

Comment

Working...
                      X