kawasaki mule pro fx clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kawasaki mule pro fx clutch

For all you guys that have a mule pro fxt this clutch kit is for you. The belt on my 2015 started to slip (most likely overloading it with feed). I did some research on the belt and found an aftermarket clutch kit for $80 from EPI
    ( https://epiperformance.com/economy-clutch-kit-we437501/ ) so I decided to try it out while i was replacing the belt. I'm very happy of the out come. It shift gears better and really helped with the low end. The kit comes with 2 different springs for the primary clutch, one for oversized tires and one for stock tires. The job it's self was not bad. I did have to make a tool to compress the spring for one of the clutch's but was not hard. just thought i was pass this along to you guys. I would recommend yall doing this if your belt ever needs to be replaced
    Attached Files

Follow for later thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation....

I was told by an ATV mechanic (take it for what it's worth) that with both Mules (both styles) and Rangers, they should NEVER be driven in anything except LOW unless it is completely unloaded and on blacktop at higher speeds. I've followed this with my Mule, and have had zero issues, even with max loads in the mountains of WTX. My dad refuses to drive his Ranger in low and is on belt #3, which is already slipping.

Comment

Sometimes the hardest part is just getting everything out of the way just to get to it!

Thanks for the heads up. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post

I was told by an ATV mechanic (take it for what it's worth) that with both Mules (both styles) and Rangers, they should NEVER be driven in anything except LOW unless it is completely unloaded and on blacktop at higher speeds. I've followed this with my Mule, and have had zero issues, even with max loads in the mountains of WTX. My dad refuses to drive his Ranger in low and is on belt #3, which is already slipping.

I follow that theory and had a smidge over 5,000 miles on my last Ranger’s belt before swapping it out. Not because it needed it, I just felt like it was time.
          My Viking makes staying in low much easier since it will easily do ~20-25mph in low without sounding like it’s winding out. Probably geared too high from the factory, but works for me so far.

Glad to hear the EPI spring helped you out. I put one in a 4wlr once and it pulled better off the bottom after the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post

LOL where is the fun in that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              Sometimes the hardest part is just getting everything out of the way just to get to it!

Thanks for the heads up. Good stuff.
              Really was not bad. You take out the inner fender and like 14 10mm bolts on the cover. If I had the tool to compress to spring at home, would have only took and hour or so!!

Comment

Working...
              X