No announcement yet.

Dear Mr. Insurance man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to mention the health insurance scam . . .

Comment

I work in commercial insurance, and I love it. I’ve learned that everyone hates paying for insurance (including me), until they need it. Then they find out that the cheapest option they’ve been paying years into is full of gaps in coverage, which Murphy’s Law finds every time. People get upset at their agent for not protecting them, but forget that they didnt spend any time with the agent helping him/her understand their business and risk. Getting a policy is easy, getting good coverage is hard, invasive, and time consuming. What lawyers have weeks to tear apart on the back end of an accident, clients expect the agent to put together in a day. I’ve learned to walk away unless an insured is willing to get serious about the process. I take great pride in telling a panicked client not to worry, that we’ve anticipated this risk, and covered them accordingly. The person whom I turn over a $5million check, rarely balks at the $100k they spend annually after that experience.

Comment

Yeah if any of you insurance guys need legal representation for cases, my wife's firm does great work. Specializing in insurance defense. Just sayin... can't help but advertise!

She's not the owner/partner btw. But is the senior associate attorney.

Can't blame me for tryin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
          I work in commercial insurance, and I love it. I’ve learned that everyone hates paying for insurance (including me), until they need it. Then they find out that the cheapest option they’ve been paying years into is full of gaps in coverage, which Murphy’s Law finds every time. People get upset at their agent for not protecting them, but forget that they didnt spend any time with the agent helping him/her understand their business and risk. Getting a policy is easy, getting good coverage is hard, invasive, and time consuming. What lawyers have weeks to tear apart on the back end of an accident, clients expect the agent to put together in a day. I’ve learned to walk away unless an insured is willing to get serious about the process. I take great pride in telling a panicked client not to worry, that we’ve anticipated this risk, and covered them accordingly. The person whom I turn over a $5million check, rarely balks at the $100k they spend annually after that experience.
          I have realized this already in my career. We have a process that is pretty close to bulletproof. If you can't find an hour to sit with me and go thru this process then move on down the road. I'm happy that you found coverage for $10 less a month; when you get railed by ifoundcheapinsuranceonline.kom I will be sitting right here waiting for your call.

Comment

And remember folks... Events like Harvey, the West Texas fires, the North Texas hail storms, the tornados in the Canton area..... cost companies Billions of dollars in claims. We all have to repay those losses for 2017. That doesn't include the uninsured losses or fradulent claims which are a whole other issue.... I don't care what company you have. Everyone's rates will be going up in 2018.

Comment

You know another thing that irks me is hearing people moan and groan about the cost of their TX Windstorm Ins. Assoc. policies for their beach houses. I’m like “Hello, McFly!” It’s SUBSIDIZED. I’m paying for your premium too, offsetting the cost of what you SHOULD be paying.

Comment

Working...
              X