No announcement yet.

2017 Lake Grapevine Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did anyone see that deer run over by where i30 and i20 meet? That’s relevant right? Or something.

I’m just going to start calling the deer shot on this thread “The Star Wars Buck” because it probably pulled a Luke Skywalker and force projected itself to the hunter.

Yep! Spoiler alerts and random nonsense all in one thread within 48 hours!

Comment

I don't mind non-vine buck stories on the Vine thread, I was just confused by the story of the grapevine buck who was down but needed a tracking dog, was never recovered and was actually shot in Honey Grove. Hunt on fellas! I'm out Friday AM sitting in the rain if need be.

Comment

I bet AA found him and Kirby made him think twice about sharing pics :-/ LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
          Someone shot something? Fun times. If it’s an actual giant, awesome!

But a word of advice. Be careful where and who you share that pic with. Taking the wardens out to where you shot it can be a real PITA, kind of like taking your wife with you to go shopping for hunting gear!
          he was gonna share and you ruined it !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
            Next thing you know we're going to be posting pics of your big stripers on the Whitney public hunting thread because the Brazos River passes through Whitney COE land. .
            Already happen-n. 21 inches and caught on 6lb test while crappie fish-n.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-23-2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

I hunted yesterday AM and had a few roosters greet me at the gate.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hunted new spot for the second time this morning. Bumped deer coming in. Had hogs around me most of the morning. Didn't see a deer. Had this descent buck walk by my tree yesterday morning following a doe. Will be back at is Sat/Sun before it's all over! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!
                Attached Files

Comment

I sat for as long as I could this morning without freezing over. I saw one buck and 2 does; all out of range. Couldn't get a great look at the buck.

Comment

Thanks for the report. Get a sit in this am? chilly chilly 15°

Comment

I didn't see any trucks on 377 driving home from work

Comment

I think I'm done for the year.

Comment

I made the mistake of going late doe/spike season the last time I got drawn for GV. Saw the oldest buck I had ever seen. he was broken off on one side but was the most mature deer I had ever seen in the wild. He hung around my stand at 15 to 30 yards for 30 min or more. Will never put myself in that position again, lol.

Comment

Looks like I'll be able to get out one last time this Saturday morning. Trying to figure out where to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by allenshawn1 View Post
                              I made the mistake of going late doe/spike season the last time I got drawn for GV. Saw the oldest buck I had ever seen. he was broken off on one side but was the most mature deer I had ever seen in the wild. He hung around my stand at 15 to 30 yards for 30 min or more. Will never put myself in that position again, lol.
                              Murphy's law! It sounds like you are still losing sleep over that hunt and I don't blame you.

Comment

To whoever is hunting today, good luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X