X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God Bless America

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
      After Texas school shooting, Houston police chief says he's 'hit rock bottom' with inaction on gun control

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/na...a-8a58125b8463

Art Acevedo
      18 hours ago
      "To all my Facebook friends. Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children and a responding police officer who is clinging to life. I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve shed tears of sadness, pain and anger.

I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I’ve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue. Please do not post anything about guns aren’t the problem and there’s little we can do. My feelings won’t be hurt if you de-friend me and I hope yours won’t be if you decide to post about your views and I de-friend you.

I have never accepted the status-quo in anything I do and I’ve never accepted defeat. And I won’t do it now. I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasn’t instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him.

The hatred being spewed in our country and the new norms we, so-called people of faith are accepting, is as much to blame for so much of the violence in our once pragmatic Nation.

This isn’t a time for prayers, and study and Inaction, it’s a time for prayers, action and the asking of God’s forgiveness for our inaction (especially the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing).

I close by saying, I wish those that move on from this page the best. May God Bless you and keep you."

https://www.facebook.com/ChiefArtAce...76298439150998
      Dear Chief Acevedo,

All good leaders lead my example. You should be the first to turn in all of your guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Dear Chief Acevedo,

All good leaders lead my example. You should be the first to turn in all of your guns.
        That man is a disgrace

Comment

Originally posted by 4wheels View Post
          Not sure how a CHL holder would have made much a difference in this case. (praying for hoggslayer's kid) But I would love for us to figure out a better action. Apparently this kid carried a shotgun into the school. I guess the only way to stop that is to use airport level security to search each kid before entering the school. We are on our way to doing that...

But there has to be some thing we can do as a community about teaching kids to not be so butt hurt over being bullied. Even loosing a girlfriend. I understand kids don't have a lot of emotional maturity - but our nation has been much better than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dear Chief Acevedo,

Exactly! Then pass a new, common sense law that there is a 100 yard gun-free zone around all police and wear a gun free zone button next to the body camera to be sure no profiling or civil rights violations occurred.

Extend it to include all politicians so they don’t need armed bodyguards either. They can replace them with field counseling staff trained in conflict management.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dear Chief Acevedo,

Art forgot to include a link to his gofundmyreelectioncampaign site.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                Art forgot to include a link to his gofundmyreelectioncampaign site.
                Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
                  Dang brother, hate to read this. Prayers up from myself and the Blanco Cowboy Church. Clay will be back to riding bulls before you know it. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Lord, lift this young cowboy up into your healing hands and heal him quickly. Lord we ask that you not only heal his body but his mind as well and use him as a light for Jesus. In these things we pray, AMEN.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    Sitting here trying to clam my nerves. My son Clay was one of the students that was shot. He just got out of surgery and is doing well. He will need a few more surgeries on his left elbow. I'm not looking forward to the circus side show this is already turning into. Thanks for all your prayers. I'll try and keep everyone updated. Go home and hug your kids tonight.

Hoggslayer
                    Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    After Texas school shooting, Houston police chief says he's 'hit rock bottom' with inaction on gun control

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/na...a-8a58125b8463

Art Acevedo
                    18 hours ago
                    "To all my Facebook friends. Today I spent the day dealing with another mass shooting of children and a responding police officer who is clinging to life. I’m not ashamed to admit I’ve shed tears of sadness, pain and anger.

I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I’ve hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue. Please do not post anything about guns aren’t the problem and there’s little we can do. My feelings won’t be hurt if you de-friend me and I hope yours won’t be if you decide to post about your views and I de-friend you.

I have never accepted the status-quo in anything I do and I’ve never accepted defeat. And I won’t do it now. I will continue to speak up and will stand up for what my heart and my God commands me to do, and I assure you he hasn’t instructed me to believe that gun-rights are bestowed by him.

The hatred being spewed in our country and the new norms we, so-called people of faith are accepting, is as much to blame for so much of the violence in our once pragmatic Nation.

This isn’t a time for prayers, and study and Inaction, it’s a time for prayers, action and the asking of God’s forgiveness for our inaction (especially the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing).

I close by saying, I wish those that move on from this page the best. May God Bless you and keep you."

https://www.facebook.com/ChiefArtAce...76298439150998
                    This guy is a clown. He was a joke in Austin and becoming a bigger joke in Houston. He needs to go back to California.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                      This guy is a clown. He was a joke in Austin and becoming a bigger joke in Houston. He needs to go back to California.

Nope- you guys offered him the job and has a Texas drivers license. Now he’s yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                        Nope- you guys offered him the job and has a Texas drivers license. Now he’s yours.

No way Jose.........Ya'll can have him back......Heck we will trade him back for you

Comment

How he ever got past the hiring committee is mind boggling.

Comment

How he ever got past the hiring committee is mind boggling.
                            Is it really? Ol' Sylvester canceled city contracts that would have saved the city millions and gave it to a buddy.... These politicians have no standards...

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                              Is it really? Ol' Sylvester canceled city contracts that would have saved the city millions and gave it to a buddy.... These politicians have no standards...
                              What they have is no fear of repercussions.

Because honestly, there are none. (for them)

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                                What they have is no fear of repercussions.

Because honestly, there are none. (for them)
                                no doubt

Comment

Working...
                                X