No announcement yet.

James Daughtrey hog hunt in February 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna give it another try today. I set-up a portable feeder with sweet corn and a trail cam so hopefully this will come together soon. I have 10 more days to figure out these pesky piggies.

Comment

So I didn't hunt yesterday or today, but I did go check on my feeder and trail cam. The feeder worked as it should dispensing 2x a day. The trail cam I got at Wally World(Tasco 6MP) on sale worked ok. The pics aren't super clear, but you can't expect much from a $25 camera. It did capture 2 piggies coming in at 6:18pm which is about the same time I saw them 2 days prior. Guess I'm gonna have to stay put til dark 30 next time. They finally found the sweet corn I threw out and the stinky corn I buried.

Comment

So I hung up a trail cam and tree feeder in my hunting area last week. I had this tusky guy come in waaaay past hunting hours. Hopefully he gets my text that hunting hours end at dark 30........ Stay tuned folks cuz it's not over til the fat hog sings.

Comment

How long is the hog hunt??

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
            How long is the hog hunt??
            I was about to ask the same thing

Comment

The hog/coyote hunt runs through Feb. 25th. But due to my work schedule I only have the 21st and 22nd to hunt. I might camp out for those two days so I can get a morning hunt in too just in case these hogs got my text messages that I only have a few more days with them.

Comment

Working...
              X