Hunting amongst Wind Turbines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting amongst Wind Turbines

Well after having a discussion with my land owner it appears that we may be getting several(1 per every 35 acres) in the future.. I know nurse Jenn hunts amongst them but does anyone else?? What are the affects on the animals..

I always wondered the same when seeing them TTT

Comment

They'll become like anything else that's permanent and won't bother the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
        Once the construction is done.

Comment

The construction while they are making pads and getting them ready is what you have to worry about once they are up it’s no big deal it’s like pump jacks !

Comment

Deer will get used to it in no time, and the turbines will give you some cover noise. I am not sure the construction bothers deer too much, I have had them walk within 50 yards of me while running a dozer. If you think about there are deer in cities and suburbs with people and cars moving around all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Well after having a discussion with my land owner it appears that we may be getting several(1 per every 35 acres) in the future.. I know nurse Jenn hunts amongst them but does anyone else?? What are the affects on the animals..
              So you're saying you dont want my opinion again? There are about 12 other TBHers that hunt with me...

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
              Originally posted by Electrican View Post
              Once the construction is done.
              This is true. It sucks while they are going up but now, the deer dont care. Ours were finished a month or so ago and they planted seed around them and I see deer eating right under them every time I am driving around.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                So you're saying you dont want my opinion again? There are about 12 other TBHers that hunt with me...

This is true. It sucks while they are going up but now, the deer dont care. Ours were finished a month or so ago and they planted seed around them and I see deer eating right under them every time I am driving around.
                No mam its not like that at all......... I believe you..

I just need to talk about it

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  Deer will get used to it in no time, and the turbines will give you some cover noise. I am not sure the construction bothers deer too much, I have had them walk within 50 yards of me while running a dozer. If you think about there are deer in cities and suburbs with people and cars moving around all the time.
                  Dang.. Cover noise I never thought of that

Comment

Dang.. Cover noise I never thought of that
                    And if you have trouble sleeping at night at the lease, the "gentle" whooshing will help lull to to sleep... 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      And if you have trouble sleeping at night at the lease, the "gentle" whooshing will help lull to to sleep... 🤣🤣🤣
                      Yea but they just look so freaky especially at night.. Like something from the "Land Of The Lost".. Might cause a bad dream..

Comment

We do have nice roads now though...

Comment

Yea but they just look so freaky especially at night.. Like something from the "Land Of The Lost".. Might cause a bad dream..
                          Even creepier when you have to walk or drive right under one...

Comment

I’ve hunted on a place with them for the last 12 years. The turbines themselves don’t bother the deer at all. You will have some traffic on your place from the service guys. Just make sure they stick to the roads connecting the turbines. Some of the guys we’ve had over the years thought that checking turbines gave them the right to cut thru pastures because it was shorter than following the designated roads or “sight see”.

Comment

I will also say that 1 per every 35 acres seems like they are gonna be crammed in together. We have 1 per every 200 acres...

Comment

Working...
                              X