Best October hunting weather ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone remember having cooler weather during October in the past?

They are saying a high of 49 on Tuesday and it's not even mid-October yet!

I bet the rut is early this year.

Rut is on now in East Texas. Tuesday here is calling for a low of 52 and high of 58

Comment

I just got Into my tripod
      Hooked it after my sons game, pigs on their way in now
      Took Monday off and may be [emoji855] Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don’t know about rut but it is cooler in this tree than I thought it was gonna be tonight

Comment

Still hot as all helllll in Florida but I have noticed right now as the sun is going down, it’s cooling off a bit.

I’d be happy with something in the 70’s right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s hotter than heck in this krivoman right know, but yes cooler than normal

Comment

Crazy hot today and windy

90 degrees 25 mph wind

Comment

I saw an 8pt with a doe this morning. Hunting Lavaca County on the north west side. I’m looking forward to hunting this coming week.

Comment

Weather is great. Should kick off a lot of stuff. Flounder, reds have piled up on the jetties, and waterfowl should be good 1st season.

Don’t think it will effect rut any since it has to do with monocycle anc timing and not cooler weather. Does will start their estrous cycle in a particular area same time every year

Comment

I'm taking a day off Wednesday and hunting all day. There is not rut yet in central tx but it's going to be so nice out I cant resist.

Comment

I was gonna go out this morning but the low was only 70. Gonna try next Saturday.

Comment

Wet and dripping this morning so I thought I would get some things around the house done and hunt this afternoon

Started raining about 1 and never cleared up

Maybe tomorrow afternoon will work out

Comment

I just remember every October back as far as I can remember sitting in the heat dropping sweat... Now it appears I'll be cold next week. Sounds great to me!

I just wonder if it's going to a really long cold winter. Like a real winter versus a "Texas" winter.

Comment

Don’t wish that. It is allready too cold around here for me. If I can just talk my wife into moving to the Bahamas

Comment

I shot a buck on a 30 degree morning in october last year. A few days ago it was 90. I'd say far from the coldest.

Comment

Working...
                              X