Game camera mounting boxed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game camera mounting boxed.

Needed a way to mount some cameras in the field where there isn't any trees. Knew we would have to drive t-post and then mount to them somehow so I came up with these at work last week. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376223510.595971.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	24980090Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376223520.625204.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24980091Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376223533.525226.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	24980092

Made from .5" HDPE board and secured to the post with a ubolt. If I made more I'd cut a 2"x.25" slot on the side boards so that the camera straps could pass through easier.

That will work! Good job.

Comment

As long as you don't have cows that should work good. I had some mounted that way and the darn cows used them as rubbing post and folded them over to the ground.

Comment

I built some similar boxes for mine out of plywood. I added a closed in section in the bottom to hold a deer feeder battery and I mounted a solar panel on top. I mount them to t-posts with U bolts. They have worked really well for the last 2.5 years. All I do is swap out cards and make sure they are pointed the right direction and they just click away.

Cows do rub on them sometimes but at worst all they have ever done to mine is point them a little different direction than what I had them set at. And I do get pics of cows rubbing and licking on them. But that isn't really all that often and so far they have never messed one up. The box takes the abuse and not the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          As long as you don't have cows that should work good. I had some mounted that way and the darn cows used them as rubbing post and folded them over to the ground.
          We do have cows on the place so ill be interested to see how they hold up.

Comment

I do basically the same thing but I just go get the square chain buckets at Lowes (when they're empty they throw them away) and cut out one side.

Comment

Cool set up.

Comment

Working...
              X