No announcement yet.

Borderlands Photo Safari... Brainstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've got my new laptop all set up with Lightroom, just finished watching Fandango, and I accidentally bought a $6.00 "grilling light" at Wal-Mart that will allow me to have a light on my flycam while I video. I didn't buy it for that purpose, it just worked out that way.

I'm ready!

Comment

Best $6 I've ever spent? It even helps level it out better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335758204.142781.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	24069077

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335758218.458997.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	24069078

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
        If I decide to rent a big boy lens...which do y'all recommend?
        Mary, if you're shooting Cannon, I've got a Tokina 11-16 2.8 you are more than welcome to take on your walkabout.

Comment

The TCR video about John Wells:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSEEX6Z8vcU"]Life "Off the Grid" at the Field Lab (Texas Country Reporter) - YouTube[/ame]

Since that video he's built an awesome greenhouse out of 4 shipping containers

Comment

cool stuff

not sure if this affects our plans or not... apparently TNC's Davis Mountain Preserve is on fire

Comment

Oh no....that is not good

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
              Mary, if you're shooting Cannon, I've got a Tokina 11-16 2.8 you are more than welcome to take on your walkabout.
              Wow....thanks! If the above doesn't mess things up, I'd love to take you up on that.

Comment

I just keep trying to talk myself into this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                  I just keep trying to talk myself into this.
                  Middleton is considering taking the Polaris Ranger which could be a game changer on Livermore. Especially for preggo chicks!

I'm still not sure if they allow that though. Need to find out today.

Comment

I'm blown away with the diversity of dirt Texas has to offer...no doubt this trip will be yet another tbh classic.

The hitching of the train & sky dive scenes in fandago are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                      Middleton is considering taking the Polaris Ranger which could be a game changer on Livermore. Especially for preggo chicks!

I'm still not sure if they allow that though. Need to find out today.
                      Everyting I've read indicates no ATV's. Might be worth calling your contact to verify, because there are specific mention of "ATV Trails" on some of the maps.
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                        Everyting I've read indicates no ATV's. Might be worth calling your contact to verify, because there are specific mention of "ATV Trails" on some of the maps.
                        I sent e mail today and received the following reply:

Mr. Leggett: Yes, there are two very large fires burning in Jeff Davis County. A large portion of the preserve has burned including Mt. Livermore and surrounding area. At the moment, all visitation to the preserve has been canceled for the coming week. Your visit is far enough out that you can still plan it, but keep in mind that the Rock House fire burned for nearly a month last year during which all visitation was prohibited. You should check back in next week to see where we stand. If TNC fire fighters are still occupying the cabin and the MCC and/or if there is still fire in the vicinity, your visit will be canceled. Otherwise, you can plan for the country to look pretty burned up if you hike Livermore.

ATV/UTV use is prohibited on the preserve by visitors so you should plan to leave your Ranger at home (or leave it trailered while on the preserve if you plan to use it elsewhere). Visitors to the preserve drive their vehicles on our 2wd roads and then hike the rest of the place from points they can reach along the way. The only exception would be that Steve Casey is considered a trusted local volunteer. If he is with you and you have access to a 4wd vehicle, we would let you drive to Bridge Gap and hike Livermore from there instead of hiking from the base of the mountain at the pipe gate.

Please check back in early next week to see if tentatively still a go.
                        Extra sad part of the note is the only Aspen grove in Texas is a couple 3 dozen trees on Livermore. Hopefully they were not too densely surrounded with ground cover.

Comment

I sent e mail today and received the following reply:

Extra sad part of the note is the only Aspen grove in Texas is a couple 3 dozen trees on Livermore. Hopefully they were not too densely surrounded with ground cover.
                          OK, I'll bring my hiking shoes!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            OK, I'll bring my hiking shoes!
                            Should have asked for forgiveness rather than permission.

I need to call Steve Casey and see if we can squeeze him in. TNC would obviously feel batter and you guys would love him. Possibly one of the most fun dudes in camp this side of Jim Novak.

Comment

Should have asked for forgiveness rather than permission.

I need to call Steve Casey and see if we can squeeze him in. TNC would obviously feel batter and you guys would love him. Possibly one of the most fun dudes in camp this side of Jim Novak.
                              Let's make that happen.
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Fire Update: (1 day behind…)

As of late Monday evening the Livermore fire is at ZERO percent containment…..

▼A few more details here▼

Last edited by TUCO; 05-01-2012, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X