Cabela's rant, kinda.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabela's rant, kinda.

Went to Cabela's (The world's foremost outfitter) here in Fort Worth today. They do not have camouflage hunting clothing. How does the worlds largest hunting retailer not have hunting clothing. Really blows my mind.

All they had was stuff they haven't sold in big and tall sizes way in the back hidden in a corner. I can see the Bass Pro has already leaked in and Cabelas will be like another Walmart hunting store with low quality junk.

I've got a big hunt coming up first part of September and there are NO places in Fort Worth to buy high quality hunting clothing. Academy has their dove crap, all mostly made out of polyester out on clearance. Walmart has the same crap they haven't sold since last year. Defender Outdoors had some Walls stuff LOL. Sad.

Order it

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
      Went to Cabela's (The world's foremost outfitter) here in Fort Worth today. They do not have camouflage hunting clothing. How does the worlds largest hunting retailer not have hunting clothing. Really blows my mind.

All they had was stuff they haven't sold in big and tall sizes way in the back hidden in a corner. I can see the Bass Pro has already leaked in and Cabelas will be like another Walmart hunting store with low quality junk.

I've got a big hunt coming up first part of September and there are NO places in Fort Worth to buy high quality hunting clothing. Academy has their dove crap, all mostly made out of polyester out on clearance. Walmart has the same crap they haven't sold since last year. Defender Outdoors had some Walls stuff LOL. Sad.
      Bass Pro Shops purchased Cabela's assets.

Comment

overstocks and bargans in north richland hills has a decent amount of under armour clothing at a reasonable price but not a lot of size selections

Comment

Were they waiting until “fall” to stock their hunting clothing? Or has Bass Pro killed that part off already?

IMO, Cabela’s clothing has always fared well against name brands. Bass Pro Red Head stuff is gargabe for the most part.

Comment

yeah, i threw up in my throat when i heard Bass Pro bought Cabela's. just sad.

i was just hoping they would build something on the south side of the DFW area. people down south hunt too.

like Midlothian or Waxahachie. all we have is academy and a ****'s in cedar hill

Comment

Isn't SWFA in Midlothian?

Comment

Same thing at the Allen location. The employee I talked with said since Bass Pro bought them they don't know when they will be getting their camo in. He said he is ready for it because everyone is frustrated with their currently camo situation.

Comment

I asked the Buda location the same thing and was informed that due to the merger with Bass Pro they were waiting on the Bass Pro Offerings to come in but they were all running late. I asked them how in the heck they had a fall hunting classic sale without camo. They didn't come out and say it but you could tell they though the situation they were in was absolutely ridiculous as well.

Comment

Order your camo online from the brands you like.

Comment

I have seen this same thing in the Cabela's "outpost" in Lubbock. We're a month out of the season and I've already put most of my stands and blinds up and they are just now putting them on the floor. That didn't make sense to me. As well as camo. I wear UA and they have none in stock in the store. I understand we can all order things, but some times i would like to go to the store that is 10 minutes from my house and go get it. So youre not the only one that feels that way

Comment

I haven't bought camo from anyplace other than bargain cave or clearance at Academy (Drake) and a lot of my stuff is 20 plus years old and only worn for hunting. What got me about Cabelas is their brand used to be high quality and priced very fair, prices of their brands have gone up to the Name Brand prices.....

Comment

Cabela's blows now. It has gone down the same path as Gander Mtn(or Bass Pro if you may). I couldn't even find a turkey vest during turkey season(there was literally not one turkey vest in the whole establishment). I've been back once since and it was not any better. It's happened time after time with these outfitter stores, they don't know when to say when. They try to go more expensive and Sam Walton's company keeps going cheaper. It is what it is.

Comment

Cabelaa online, Sierra Trading Post , Black Orvis, Camofire and Amazon

Comment

Try https://www.1800gunsandammo.com

They are in Arlington

I had no idea they were there, met them at the TTHA show a couple weeks ago.

They stock Sitka, if that’s what you’re interested in

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X