• Time
  • Show
Clear All

😎
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
      😎
      Nice Jeff are #1 and #3 the same deer. Hard to tell.

Comment

Heavyweight

240 lbs, shot this morning in Baylor County.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	24514560

Comment

Congrats Ed! That's a big old hammer head deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
            [ATTACH]877352[/ATTACH]
            Great looking buck, love the weight some of these deer can put on!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Great deer Kyle. There are two guys at our place they say the mosquitoes are unbelievable. They have been there since Thursday night and have killed 5 rattlesnakes so far. So be on the lookout. I will be making my first trip out next week.
              Good luck this year David, the snakes are definitely out right now! I hope the army worms don't wipe out our food plots this year, we got 5-6 acres in this year. Deer numbers are looking as good as they ever have for us!

Comment

Originally posted by TTU TX Hunter View Post
                Good luck this year David, the snakes are definitely out right now! I hope the army worms don't wipe out our food plots this year, we got 5-6 acres in this year. Deer numbers are looking as good as they ever have for us!
                I would spray now! Plots that size would go down fast. We have about 425 acres of wheat. The worms have already hit it but our guy sprayed and he thinks they are under control.
                Hope y'all kill a whooper this year.

Comment

[ATTACH]877352[/ATTACH]
                  Great buck. Man I love that ranch.

Comment

I’m hunting in clay county and was thinking the same thing about our deer numbers I’ve never seen them this high. It seems like these last few wet years have helped a lot.

Comment

I would spray now! Plots that size would go down fast. We have about 425 acres of wheat. The worms have already hit it but our guy sprayed and he thinks they are under control.
                      Hope y'all kill a whooper this year.
                      I would but I don't think I'll be able to get back out there til the rifle opener, guess I'll have to roll the dice. Fortunately we didn't plant until 9/23. Same for y'all!! Maybe we can have a meet up this year somewhere!

Comment

[ATTACH]877352[/ATTACH]

Great buck...congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pennington13 View Post
                          I’m hunting in clay county and was thinking the same thing about our deer numbers I’ve never seen them this high. It seems like these last few wet years have helped a lot.
                          In my opinion they have finally bounced back from the severe drought we had back in 11'. I know this sounds crazy but we literally have at a minimum of a 2 buck to 1 doe ratio and it's probably higher than that!

Comment

I would but I don't think I'll be able to get back out there til the rifle opener, guess I'll have to roll the dice. Fortunately we didn't plant until 9/23. Same for y'all!! Maybe we can have a meet up this year somewhere!
                            Sounds good. Meet at Mern's in AC for breakfast.
                            I hope our numbers are back like yours. We need cold weather to push them off the Waggoner pastures to our wheat. Then it's on.

Comment

Sounds good. Meet at Mern's in AC for breakfast.
                              I hope our numbers are back like yours. We need cold weather to push them off the Waggoner pastures to our wheat. Then it's on.
                              Sounds good to me and I hear ya there. This area is notorious for late season bucks out of the blue, as of now we won't take a buck we have on camera but I know the rut and some late season hunting will bring some deer out of the wood works. Let me know a date you'll be at the lease and we'll make breakfast!!

Comment

In my opinion they have finally bounced back from the severe drought we had back in 11'. I know this sounds crazy but we literally have at a minimum of a 2 buck to 1 doe ratio and it's probably higher than that!
                                That's what baffles me about the bag limits. In Foard we have 4 doe, 1buck. Our numbers seem to be in the right ratio. Is tpwd just trying to keep the buck numbers up? Id love to have a 2 buck, antler restriction and 1 true cull opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                                X