Select Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select Baseball

Any of you guys have a kid playing select baseball or softball? I have been coaching select ball for 3 years now and love every minute of it watching these kids grow and develop is unreal. I coach a 10u team here in Kingwood and hope to do it for many years to come. I have been playing and coaching for 30+ yrs and still love the game today as I did when I started playing. Hope to see some of you guys at some tournament this year we play at the Scrapyard,Baseball USA,Rothwood,Katy and a few other parks here in the Houston area. Good luck to you guys this year.

We did it for 2 years and had fun and met some really good people but it seems the 2 teams my son played on it turned into daddy ball. He plays league ball but I do miss watching tournaments sometimes because there are some really good teams and players. Good luck.

Comment

I have seen the daddy ball come into play a lot in select ball. I have a son on the team, but I have told every kid on the team you compete for your spot every week and that includes my son. I have told my boys to put in the extra work to be able to compete every week, but at the same time make it fun b/c I'm still in the reality there 10yr old and don't push to hard. Sorry to here that your son had that experience it is a lot of fun if you have a good group of parents and kids.

Comment

Yes sir...my son has been playing since 9u. First 3 years with Kings Baseball and Banditos Black since then. He lettered Varsity his freshman year, currently a sophomore. Here he is last week on the bump for Conroe High. We will pick up in a couple showcase tournaments this summer with the Banditos. Select baseball has taken us all over the country and we have made life long friendships along the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458397503780.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	24436477

Comment

Congrats at your son! We have played the Banditos many times always a good club.

Comment

Banditos and the Bengals are 2 of the best baseball organizations around. I wish they weren't so far away from us.

Comment

It's a money racket. When we were kids we had to play and win our way to the World Series. Now it don't matter how good you are, you just have to mail in your money and book a hotel and your in the World Series. Hahahaha

Comment

At a tournament right now...freezing! We are up in Dallas but will be playing at the scrap yard next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                  Congrats at your son! We have played the Banditos many times always a good club.
                  Are you traveling with your team for a World Series this summer? We went to Gulf Shores during 9u. Absolute blast. Awesome beaches, great food, outstanding fishing and baseball. How can you beat that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                    It's a money racket. When we were kids we had to play and win our way to the World Series. Now it don't matter how good you are, you just have to mail in your money and book a hotel and your in the World Series. Hahahaha
                    At the lower select levels true but not at the higher USSSA levels. You have to qualify to get to Florida. My son played select and now plays high school. Him and his high school teammates are also playing senior little league for a chance to go to the senior league world series this summer in Bangor Maine. Of course they have to win district, sectionals, state and regionals to get there.

Comment

My daughter plays for one of the top ranked teams in the nation in 18u, just took my 15yr old to his first tryout with ABC out of Austin which he made the team. My girl has been playing since she was 6 and it's true lower level is a lot about money but nationals they go to are qualifying or invite only events. Wouldn't trade it for the world

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        Are you traveling with your team for a World Series this summer? We went to Gulf Shores during 9u. Absolute blast. Awesome beaches, great food, outstanding fishing and baseball. How can you beat that?
                        Yes I coach over at Dynasty and we do a WS every year. We won the WS in Sulphur and are headed to Gulf Shores this year and your right they are a blast. We have some teams competing today at the scrapyard in the Super NIT and we are heading to Katy today in just a few minutes.

Comment

My little girl plays 8 U here in Mont Belvieu for the Bombers.

Comment

The one thing I will say about the money part is even at the lower levels you have to spend the money and time to get the right development for your kids in the long run it will pay off if your with the right team or organization. Just like everything if you put in your time and work ethic it will pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by jbarr View Post
                              We did it for 2 years and had fun and met some really good people but it seems the 2 teams my son played on it turned into daddy ball. He plays league ball but I do miss watching tournaments sometimes because there are some really good teams and players. Good luck.
                              Daddy ball is becoming a bigger problem every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X