Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP. I have a couple of his rods.

Comment

RIP lefty! The first fly rod i ever build was a TFO Lefty Kreh edition blank. He was a legend of the fly fishing industry and will be dearly missed!

Comment

Originally posted by JBT View Post
        I'd say RIP but will first need a full breakdown of his personal religious views so I can make a snarky comment if they don't align with mine
        I was reading the posts on this thread and thought the same thing. I don't know if Mr. Kreh was a Christian or not, but this thread sure differs from the Steven Hawking thread. Sad ain't it?

RIP Mr. Kreh.

Comment

Fair winds and following winds Lefty!

Fished a lot of water he pioneered in the Everglades during my years down there. Those years were prior to GPS and Chart Plotters in small boats. Those fishing charts were originally marked by Lefty himself and run in limited production, specific to South Florida.

He made a mark along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay as well.

An absolute legend!

Comment

A Hero of mine also! RIP

Comment

Well because of this thread, I went and dig up old Lefty instructional video and fly tying video from about 18 years ago.

Comment

I read his book on saltwater fishing. Great stuff but reading about him casting 80 feet with only the tip section of the fly rod was obviously a fabrication...... until I saw him do it in person in Houston... in about a 20 mph wind. A great story teller, funny as heck and ground breaker in fly fishing.

I still use his principles of fly casting and where would my double haul be without Lefty.

Comment

Working...
                X