Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
    Based on what I understand, that wouldn't change my situation. It still requires a deposit from my bank account. I don't have a debit card for this bank account. I set up a separate account just for investing. Plus the fees associated with Coinbase are substantial compared to GDAX.
    I bought and it shows the price I paid and the amount I bought. They are not available to resell until they actually show up in my account. This will take a few days but I got a receipt of the number of shares I bought at the price I paid. The money has been taken from my bank but the shares are not available to sell yet. I wasn't concerned about the fees with such a volatile investment at this point.

Comment

Based on what I understand, that wouldn't change my situation. It still requires a deposit from my bank account. I don't have a debit card for this bank account. I set up a separate account just for investing. Plus the fees associated with Coinbase are substantial compared to GDAX.
      thegrouse is right. You could have bought immediately through Coinbase and not have to wait until a deposit is made. Who cares about the fees. You would have seen a 3x multiple of your money if you would have just paid the Coinbase fee and locked in on your price last week.

Comment

I still can't get a GD credit card verified through coinbase. Spent 45 minutes this morning trying a new card.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          I bought and it shows the price I paid and the amount I bought. They are not available to resell until they actually show up in my account. This will take a few days but I got a receipt of the number of shares I bought at the price I paid. The money has been taken from my bank but the shares are not available to sell yet. I wasn't concerned about the fees with such a volatile investment at this point.
          Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
          thegrouse is right. You could have bought immediately through Coinbase and not have to wait until a deposit is made. Who cares about the fees. You would have seen a 3x multiple of your money if you would have just paid the Coinbase fee and locked in on your price last week.
          Good 'ol hindsight. Shot myself in the foot for sure. Sadly, the pending transaction doesn't leave anything in the bank account. So now I have no money to spend. Comedy of errors on my end. Of course had we all known LTC would have tripled in a few days, I'm sure we would have all bet the farm. My cautious approach has cost me this time.

Comment

Instant buy with a linked credit card, in my case Cabelas sponsored my first purchase a few days ago so I got a few club points as an added bonus...let it run up awhile and pulled original investment out to pay off card. Letting the house money do the work now! 4% fee is high, but the gains have made it negligible.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
              I still can't get a GD credit card verified through coinbase. Spent 45 minutes this morning trying a new card.
              I have wells and had to call the bank.

Comment

Good 'ol hindsight. Shot myself in the foot for sure. Sadly, the pending transaction doesn't leave anything in the bank account. So now I have no money to spend. Comedy of errors on my end. Of course had we all known LTC would have tripled in a few days, I'm sure we would have all bet the farm. My cautious approach has cost me this time.
                Not too late...

I bought some bitcoin at 15.5K and sold again at 17K. Felt like a huge gamble at the time and now seems like it was inevitable.

Comment

Never could get set up with gdax got on with Coinbase and got in on LTC last night. So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are definitely some on TBH that must not work and if they do, not very efficiently (lately that might be me).

My bank account has been validated, but I'm waiting on my transfer of funds into GDAX. Says it may be Friday before my funds make it into the account. Not sure why it takes so long, but it is what it is.

Has anyone else seen the rumor that ripple and others may be added to coinbase/gdax soon? If so, I would think it would be a solid one to get into.
                    just tie it to your credit card, Wells fargo declined my debit card so i just used my cc. it will get you in the game while you wait for the bank account to be validated. I bought LTC yesterday afternoon around 200, i'm enjoying my day so far!

Comment

So I have a question - I used a cc to start my account. I have now made more than I owe on the card ... How does that work exactly? lol

Comment

Still got Ripple on my mind. We've almost tripled our money with Ethereum and Litecoin. Bitstamp is getting terrible reviews and Kraken site is down. Any other reputable places I can go for it?

Comment

Ok, what page in this long thread has the info on getting me started in this cryptocurrency wildfire? What's the best way to get my feet wet and start dabbling in this market?

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post
                            Ok, what page in this long thread has the info on getting me started in this cryptocurrency wildfire? What's the best way to get my feet wet and start dabbling in this market?
                            Send me money...ill invest it for ya.

EASIEST and quickest.. is coinbase. but their website sucks... use the mobile app.

Comment

ETH and LTC transactions down on coinbase

Comment

Originally posted by Stick'n'String View Post

Go to the Coinbase App and set up an account. I tied it to a bank card and they made some small deposits...once you verify the deposits you are good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X