Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who have bought Tracker Boats question for you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=doright;12159109 I will buy a blow up pool toy before I would own another tracker.[/QUOTE]

Comment

My brother had a tracker bass boat years ago probably in the 90's and I don't remember him having any trouble with the hull. Things may have changed. He fished all over Texas with it. He knew what it would handle and what it would not.

Comment

Shoot I have a tracker I bought new in 2007 and have had no problem with it at all, I have bounced that boat off of every stump on Toledo bend and it still doesn't have a crack anywhere on it

Comment

Im taking all this in, but that being said that , I often want wonder a lot about expectations vs realistic performance.
          Last edited by BrandonA; 01-30-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

I expected a brand new boat to last more than 6 months before it goes to crap. Also expected a company to stand behind their product and not bend you over.

Comment

I have heard that They give some pretty good discount on last years models when the new models come out.
              I am on my second Tracker. First one was a pt175 and was pretty flimsy and scary in really rough water.
              The one I have now is a Tracker Avalanche that is no longer made.

No way would I buy one of the Tracker boats that are made now.
              Last edited by muzzlebrake; 01-30-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Bass Tracker Avalanche was discontinued in 2008. If you can find one like I did it is 5 time the boat that the new trackers are. Second pic show Avalanche vs current Tracker.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                  I expected a brand new boat to last more than 6 months before it goes to crap. Also expected a company to stand behind their product and not bend you over.
                  Yes sir I agree with you. I own a 24ft Century Inshore ... Best center console made in my opinion, and I have fished out a lot of boats . As a licensed guide I've had boats around me fishing me , in bad weather, and ask myself what the hell are they doing here.. Many of the them trackers or other aluminum boats. I know my boats limitations and what she can or can't handle. I'm not saying you abused the boat or what not. But many boats take on more than they can handle.

Comment

I bought a Tracker new in 2005. The only issue I ever had with it was the bilge pump going out once. Everything else has worked perfectly. I have been real happy with mine. I have a lake house so it gets plenty of use every year.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      Yes sir I agree with you. I own a 24ft Century Inshore ... Best center console made in my opinion, and I have fished out a lot of boats . As a licensed guide I've had boats around me fishing me , in bad weather, and ask myself what the hell are they doing here.. Many of the them trackers or other aluminum boats. I know my boats limitations and what she can or can't handle. I'm not saying you abused the boat or what not. But many boats take on more than they can handle.

I promise you she didnt get much abuse in 6 months! Never even made it out to the Gulf in her

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        I promise you she didnt get much abuse in 6 months! Never even made it out to the Gulf in her
                        Good deal!!! Thanks for the info

Comment

had a tracker 10 or so years ago and never had any problems out of it. that being said, all of its use was on Toledo, and seldom saw the main lake.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                            Shoot I have a tracker I bought new in 2007 and have had no problem with it at all, I have bounced that boat off of every stump on Toledo bend and it still doesn't have a crack anywhere on it
                            Yea we got one like that too!

Comment

I had no problem with the hull. My issue is with everything else. Trolling motor never worked right. Carpet started rotting. Dry boxes leaked. Trailer axel was out of alignment causing the tires to wear. Paint was easily chipped. The boat never leaked though.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                I bought a Tracker new in 2005. The only issue I ever had with it was the bilge pump going out once. Everything else has worked perfectly. I have been real happy with mine. I have a lake house so it gets plenty of use every year.
                                I have a 2005 also and I absolutely beat it up. I even get comments on how bad I treat it but never have any real issues.

So what year did Tracker go bad? I was debating getting a new one.

Comment

Working...
                                X