X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closer up
    Attached Files

Comment

I didn't know this wasn't common knowledge, or common sense... however, I am very glad you are having success with it and also sharing it with the community! Good luck in your future hunts.

Comment

Did not work for me opening weekend of rifle season. I will continue to try though. Let you know . Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
          Did not work for me opening weekend of rifle season. I will continue to try though. Let you know . Arvin
          Heck with a rifle just shoot em square in the chest or neck..

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
            Heck with a rifle just shoot em square in the chest or neck..
            I wasn't using a rifle. I was using a selfbow. That's just when I tried it. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
              I wasn't using a rifle. I was using a selfbow. That's just when I tried it. Arvin

Comment

Well, I've tried it twice now. Had 7 football pigs and a racoon all get nice and broadside for me!

Now I just need to see what a deer will do!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Last evening I had 3 doe on a line of corn, and often shoulder to shoulder broad side to me.

I can't shoot doe, but there was only one opportunity to shoot the one I would have shot.
                  Most of the time there was always one of the other deer either in front of her, or behind her.

Aside from that one time, at 15 yards, I would have undoubtedly shot two with one arrow. Not a bad thing if you're in a circumstance that won't get you in trouble for it.

Still a great practice, and one that has produced for me countless times.

Another good practice is to pour the corn where their head is down behind some brush or cactus when they put it down to eat. If you can't see their head, it's a good bet they can't see you.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
                    We are loaded with axis deer on our place. Probably a little too much. We gotta Thin some out, and thats the beauty of the off-season. It will keep me busy until WT season returns

Well if you need to donate meat, I'd be willing to take some off your hands!!

Comment

Good info.

Comment

I have used the logs/brush/cactus for years but never the line or trickle effect.........good stuff.

Comment

The line worked great on the pig I shot last Monday, but still no deer to test it on yet!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                          X