No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m north of Leakey, off 83, tucked way off back in the hills. It’s crazy how much animal movement I’ve seen the past couple trips. Everything is out and about. I really think all the rain we had last year and continuing into this year has helped a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With 0.4” this morning we are almost to 10” for the year. Still well behind average, but we are better now than we have been.

Comment

Was up at our place in Llano this past weekend and it sure is green for this time of year. Plenty of water in the tanks and creeks. Deer just started to hammer the protein and it looks like it could be a good year.

Comment

Was up at the ranch last Thur - Sun. Got a nice quarter inch shower Sat AM. Country is still green & pretty. Wildflowers still blooming. Can't believe it is this nice & almost July. Deer are hitting the protein hard now. Saw my 1st fawns moving around with momma. I have seen more fawns so far this summer than all of last summer. Still having to mow this late is something new too. LOL! Did get a hog Thurs evening with my bow. Some nice bucks starting to develop on camera now.

Comment

Bucks are looking good along with the rain. This is my target buck named potential over the past 3 years. I think he is 6.5 this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll be out at my place near Enchanted Rock for 4th of July. Can't wait to see how it looks with the pond full, etc.

Comment

Glad to see some posts on this thread! It really is shaping up to be a great year, I just hope it keeps raining through the Summer.
                I’m hoping to go check cameras this weekend before we leave on a trip, and check on a little project we have going on. I even bought a stealth cam DS4K to put out over my favorite water hole in hopes of getting great video. I’ve been impressed with what I’ve seen those cameras do, hopefully it works as advertised.

Comment

Went to my place Saturday for some feeder filling and work around camp area. Nice and green and grown up. Got the cameras running so will check in a couple of weeks to see what we have. I had a real nice 3.5yr old 8pt that was a frequent visitor last year, along with several others that I am hoping make their jump this year.

Comment

We're at the lease this weekend. Starting to get brown in a hurry. Hopefully more rain will come through this area soon.

Only saw a handful of bucks so far this trip. They are looking decent. Got one that looks to be a little above the rest. We'll see how they finish out.

Saw one doe that had 3 babies with her. Acted like they were all hers. She was also the only deer in the immediate area at the time.

We've (son and myself) killed three hogs this weekend so far. Other guy on our lease got one as well.

Saw a couple of hen turkeys. Neither had any babies with them. Hopefully the other hens have faired better.

Comment

I'm setting here in my stand in Mason county. Guess what?

It's pouring down rain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                        I'm setting here in my stand in Mason county. Guess what?

It's pouring down rain!!!
                        Yes sir! You ask and you shall receive! We ended up with about 0.4”, very thankful!!

Comment

There it is

Comment

A few pictures, one from my canon, the rest from some videos over a spring at the ranch. I also had to work on a sounder that’s been camping out at one of my feeders.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                              Yes sir! You ask and you shall receive! We ended up with about 0.4”, very thankful!!
                              We got just a little over an inch at the lease today. Not bad.

My son killed another hog this morning in the rain.

Comment

Filled feeders last weekend. Saw a lot of deer and fawns. Had to put up a pen around some of the feeders because we were told that our landowner is letting someone put 27 head of cattle on our 800 acre place. Managed to get 9 pigs in the trap and my uncle shot one too to make it a 10 pig weekend. Definitely a lot of water on the place. All of the drainage ponds look good full, but man the yard work at camp is kicking out but with everything growing like crazy. Fingers crossed these cattle don’t make life hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X