No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caught some funny looking trout today. First time on the water since April I think. I need to head south.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad there were folks to help, Josh. I got caught in a bad storm in POC many years ago and it got hairy fast!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

My G3 has sold. Kinda bitter sweet, but looking forward to my new rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            Glad there were folks to help, Josh. I got caught in a bad storm in POC many years ago and it got hairy fast!
            Yessir me too! I’m glad this one wasn’t worse than it was.

Comment

Been many a day I've hidden under a few houses on the south shore line. Always pleasant when the weather man says 20 percent scattered showers and you have a 4 hour rain pull up on you off the gulf....ugh.

Comment

I am looking to hit the speckled trout down out of Surfside, any tips? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                  I am looking to hit the speckled trout down out of Surfside, any tips? Thanks
                  Get a guide or wait for the surf to get right.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Get a guide or wait for the surf to get right.
                    got it

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Congratulations Justin! When's your new sled gonna be ready? We need some pics of fish slime on the bow!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Been many a day I've hidden under a few houses on the south shore line. Always pleasant when the weather man says 20 percent scattered showers and you have a 4 hour rain pull up on you off the gulf....ugh.
                        I made a mad dash from the mouth of Pringle once upon a time to the ramp at Seadrift and that little bait camp to beat a big storm... didn't quite make it but beat the bad stuff... Threw a couple loose lines on the pier pilings and ran up under the shed at the bait camp... Little old lady made us sammiches inside while we waited out the storm!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          I made a mad dash from the mouth of Pringle once upon a time to the ramp at Seadrift and that little bait camp to beat a big storm... didn't quite make it but beat the bad stuff... Threw a couple loose lines on the pier pilings and ran up under the shed at the bait camp... Little old lady made us sammiches inside while we waited out the storm!
                          That's a good woman right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                            As you run west down the south shoreline of West Matagorda Bay it's the first bayou you come to with a set of PVC pipes and pilings marking the channel out into the bay. There are three houses around the south end of that bayou. And it is a place where people walk across to the surf.

Interesting. Only Cullen House I knew of was the big house in the LLM

Comment

Years ago before cell phones I had a storm catch me way up in Cowtrap. I ran that old Jon boat as fast as she'd go to Tipps Bait Camp. We were dodging lightning all the way. Hope I'm smarter than that now but sometimes I wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                                Years ago before cell phones I had a storm catch me way up in Cowtrap. I ran that old Jon boat as fast as she'd go to Tipps Bait Camp. We were dodging lightning all the way. Hope I'm smarter than that now but sometimes I wonder.
                                O"l cowtrap, haven't been in there for many years. Never seen more reds in my life like I have in there...

Comment

Working...
                                X