Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371949352.342810.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	24970907Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371949365.903741.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	24970908

We are staying at Mesa RV Park in Gunnison Co.

I noticed the sign above the cabin door

The Shrew is a short longbow designed by Ron LaClair. One of the old timers in trad archery. I saw the name of the cabin and inquired at the office. The owners of the RV park are from South Africa. Their farm was bought by the government. The son built the cabin and shoots a Shrew. His name is Andy Ivy. He works for Broadside Archery in Australia a hunting outfitter owned by a guy named Rory. The uncle is named March Ivy. He owns Ivy Safaris in South Africa.

cool, i met a andy ivy a wile back wonder if its the same guy.

Comment

He is on tradgang.com a lot. I believe he guides in Austrailia and hunts a lot in Africa. He has some great stories and pics on trad gang also. Worth checking out.

Comment

His sister is really cute.

Comment

Been wondering about those Shrew bows. They look awesome, at least on his website. Never held one before.

Comment

Andy lives the life most of us dream about. I believe he had some visa problems a while back and that's why he doesn't live here anymore. Seems like a fine young man and does in fact shoot Shrew bows (pretty well from what I hear). If you get a chance to go over to TG check out his photos, he does some exceptional work with a camera as well as a bow. If memory serves me right I think Buff and Chunky killed a mess of buffaloes with Andy a few years back.

I'd like to meet him one day.

Comment

I'm not big into traditional stuff but this is pretty cool!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

MARSHRAT, Goodluck finding a Shrew. They aren't taking orders for new bows. I was lucky enough to get mine before that. And it only took 18 months!!! Gregg Coffee? at JAVAMAN archery is making the exact same bows but they have different names, and about $100 less.

Comment

Working...
                X