Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does Mathews keep their bows in production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does Mathews keep their bows in production?

I am currently shooting a 2007 Black Ice which has been good to me. The new Triax seems like it would be the perfect bow for me to finally upgrade, however, I am not sure if this year is the best for me to spend that kind of money on a want and not a need. My question is, how long down the road will I be able to go to a Mathews dealer and order a new Triax? Next year, the year after? I know there will always be used ones out there, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to get my first true custom bow setup just for me.

if you dont want to buy it now then just wait til the next new one comes out and jump on that or wait becuase they will keep it for a year or 2 and likely expand on it like they did with the halon

Comment

The way I see it is that any bow can be set up custom, just for you. I have never owned a new bow and they have all been reworked just for me. Some day it would be nice to walk into a bow shop and walk out with a brand new bow but for the time being I am content with picking up 2-3 year old models and setting them up just how I like them.
      I will say that if you can afford it, do it. I shot a Triax and it was awesome. It is just not financially a responsible thing for me to do right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
        I am currently shooting a 2007 Black Ice which has been good to me. The new Triax seems like it would be the perfect bow for me to finally upgrade, however, I am not sure if this year is the best for me to spend that kind of money on a want and not a need. My question is, how long down the road will I be able to go to a Mathews dealer and order a new Triax? Next year, the year after? I know there will always be used ones out there, but I don't want to miss the opportunity to get my first true custom bow setup just for me.
        They usually keep making them for at least two years in November they will have a new smoother faster quieter bow !

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
          The way I see it is that any bow can be set up custom, just for you. I have never owned a new bow and they have all been reworked just for me. Some day it would be nice to walk into a bow shop and walk out with a brand new bow but for the time being I am content with picking up 2-3 year old models and setting them up just how I like them.
          I will say that if you can afford it, do it. I shot a Triax and it was awesome. It is just not financially a responsible thing for me to do right now.
          This ! I've only had two brand new bows in my life and that was several years ago. Does an Outback ring any bells ? I have zero problems buying a good used bow (at a substantial savings) and setting it up just as I want it. I'm currently shooting an Elite Synergy, 2015 model, that I bought on here. It carries a different sight, rest, quiver, etc. than it had when I got it. It even wears a different grip. If you buy used, you can have excellent accessories added instead of the extra you'd pay for a brand new bow. YMMV, but it's something to think about.

Comment

I don't know how long they'll keep it, but here's something I noticed. A couple months back I was in a horrible slump shooting my longbow so I decided to buy a compound. There were lots of bows on eBay listed as "new old stock" that were really cheap and still new. The Matthews No Cams that were so popular a couple years ago were anywhere from $650-$750 and several high end Hoyts were about the same. They were 3-4 year old bows that had never been sold and they were just trying to move them. So I guess I said that to say if you wait a little bit you may be able to get a great deal, but if you have the cash now just buy it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              This ! I've only had two brand new bows in my life and that was several years ago. Does an Outback ring any bells ? I have zero problems buying a good used bow (at a substantial savings) and setting it up just as I want it. I'm currently shooting an Elite Synergy, 2015 model, that I bought on here. It carries a different sight, rest, quiver, etc. than it had when I got it. It even wears a different grip. If you buy used, you can have excellent accessories added instead of the extra you'd pay for a brand new bow. YMMV, but it's something to think about.
              I still have an out back, and a reezen. Tried to get something for the outback a couple years ago ( cam or something) they no longer have them, so much for a lifetime warranty. ( not that it was a warranty issue, but if it was I would still be sol) these were the last two Mathews I bought. I have tried each new one they come out with, but I always find another ( differant brand so far) I like better. I did like these bows, why I haven't given them away yet. But I have not shot them for some time.
              But, to the op question, it's hard to tell how long they will produce a particular model. The reezen, I believe was only made for one or two seasons. The triax seems be well liked, so I imagine it will be around for a couple years.
              Last edited by critter69; 06-08-2018, 02:38 PM.

Comment

The used market is always hot on most of the name brands. There will be mint condition used ones that will pop up from time to time over the next few years.

Comment

Next year and that’s it.

Comment

You really can't buy a bow as an investment. If you like it, and it makes shooting fun, buy it. When it's time to upgrade, you will lose money on it.
                    It is worth it to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X