New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
    Alright... I gotta ask... what does “SS” stand for??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Super Set

Originally posted by Rich... View Post
    Thanks! Which pre workout are you using. I have added Beta-alinine to c4 to get a better pump.
    Jack

Thinking if I mix it with the bucked up I have now I’ll get a awesome solution

Comment

No weights cardio day. Slept in for some needed recovery as well. 10 min warm up on treadmill, 25 min on fat burner settings on the rotating stair case of death aka stair master and finished with a 10 min cool down on treadmill. Whooped my arse. Tomorrow, I have my yearly exam with my MD then gym time.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
        No weights cardio day. Slept in for some needed recovery as well. 10 min warm up on treadmill, 25 min on fat burner settings on the rotating stair case of death aka stair master and finished with a 10 min cool down on treadmill. Whooped my arse. Tomorrow, I have my yearly exam with my MD then gym time.
        That is a really good fat burning cardio day. I hope that doc has small fingers.

Comment

Doing back/arm/squat/rakes...

To failure

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            That is a really good fat burning cardio day. I hope that doc has small fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

To failure
              Outdoor cardio. Good lat pump with the raking.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

To failure

That's why I use a lawnmower!

Today was 10 X 10 arse kickng. Must complete in 45 minutes or less

Kettle bell swings
                Pushups
                Goblet squat
                Bicep barbell curl
                Cable tricep kickback

I thought I was gonna hurl on the last set. I haven't done this routine in a while obviously, but I made it under time.

Probably going to go timed chest and back routine tomorrow.

Comment

Shoulders and abs after work

Comment

Majority of the exercises were half pyramid with increasing weight and a drop set.

DB Shoulder Press SS/ scissors
                    Side raises SS/ in and outs
                    Upright row SS/ planks
                    Smith Shoulder Press SS/ landmines
                    Arnold DB Press SS/ decline sit-ups
                    45 pound plate front raises SS/ decline weight Russian twist
                    Cable face pulls SS/ Mch ab crunches
                    Shoulder flys SS/ Mch ab twist
                    Mch Shoulder Press SS/ weighted ab coaster thingy

Suppose to be the long jog tomorrow but rain in the forecast I believe so we’ll see

Comment

Woooooooooo! What a session. After warm up.

Cleans 10x2 pyramid
                      Squats 10,8,8,6,6 pyramid
                      Hammer Strength Incline 4x10
                      Hammer Strength (HS) Decline 3x10
                      Cable Flyers 3x10
                      Abs/bicep super set
                      Leg raises x 15/Hammer Curls x 10 3 sets
                      Dead Bug/DB Concentration Curls 3x10
                      Preacher Curls/Good Mornings 3x10

Comment

Yesterday I spent 3 hours cutting down a 4-trunk Osage. With an axe. Because my FIL's POS short-bar echo gummed up because this tree was made out of mud and hate. So, that was a monster of a workout.

As such, today for my lunch break session I took my GoRuck over to the treadmill, but 40lbs worth of plates in it, and walked a mile at about 3-3.5mph. This will be an all-endurance week for me with maybe one exception. Need to get back in the race-groove.

Comment

First time doing the 400 challenge. 100 inverted rows, 100 bodyweight squats, 100 push-ups, 100 full sit-ups. Ultimate goal is under 8 minutes. Maximum allowed time is 17 minutes, or you're supposed to repeat the first 3 weeks of the program. Barely made it in 15 minutes 54 seconds. I was allowed to break it up so it wasn't 100 reps straight. First 2 sets were 20 reps of each, the remainder I did in 6 sets of 10. Gotta learn to focus on breathing, as that's what killed me!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Second night of crappy sleep and today was leg day, great.
                            I got my 1 mile warmup in and got my leg exercises in with a lot plenty of struggle. Ditched my usual cool down on the treadmill and went straight to the sauna to stretch. I could have puked in the parking lot but held it together. Off day tomorrow and my body is telling me I need it. I may take Wednesday off again or just do cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Second night of crappy sleep and today was leg day, great.
                              I got my 1 mile warmup in and got my leg exercises in with a lot plenty of struggle. Ditched my usual cool down on the treadmill and went straight to the sauna to stretch. I could have puked in the parking lot but held it together. Off day tomorrow and my body is telling me I need it. I may take Wednesday off again or just do cardio.
                              I feel you sir.
                              Have not slept worth a dam in 5-6 years now for some reason and have always wondered how much better workouts would be with a decent nights sleep.

Comment

Great workout today.

1 hour on the elliptical (variety mode). Showed 612 calories burned. Cooled off and went to the kettle bells.

KB SWINGS. 2 HANDED 3X12
                                In SWINGS one handed 3x12
                                KB PRESS 3X10
                                KB cleans 3x10
                                KB rows 3x20

DB flies 3x10
                                Smith bench press 3x8
                                Tri pulldowns narrow 3x10
                                Tri pulldowns wide 3x10
                                Tri push down machine 3x10

Solid 2 hours.

Calorie intake was very low today so I should have done some damage to this gut.
                                Last edited by Chew; 01-29-2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X