No announcement yet.

2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops didn't know they would bleep that word.

Comment

Makes me nervous about parking anywhere other than the legal parking area.

Comment

Never seen a no trespassing sign down there

Comment

Do you guys use the Cinnamon Creek Ranch meat locker?

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
            I do for anything I dont do myself. They are pricey but they take good care of what you take them and the quality of their product is as good as any you will find. They are good folks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post

They defiantly have some quality stuff. But last year they lost my buddies mount. I also think that you don't get the meat from the deer you killed when you take it there. I could be wrong. Just my opinion. Also takes awhile to get back.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
                  I parked down there all the time 2 years ago when I got drawn, never got messed with. Even talked to them several times pulling out. Only the old man had said something in the past. They haven't stickerd my truck yet. But my buddie got a sticker and then was pulling out a couple days later. And a cop pulled him over and told him he was trespassing on tex dot land and the next time he saw him down there he was gunna tow the truck and give him a trespassing ticket. He also said that 377 is the only entrance to the core land that we are aloud to park at.
                  tex dot land? do you mean I-35? how can you trespass on an interstate? just wondering, can you trespass on public roads and right-of-ways? I would seriously like to know, designated parking areas and pull-offs are not always available.... maybe a police officer on this forum could chime inn on this

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                    tex dot land? do you mean I-35? how can you trespass on an interstate? just wondering, can you trespass on public roads and right-of-ways? I would seriously like to know, designated parking areas and pull-offs are not always available.... maybe a police officer on this forum could chime inn on this
                    I35 is controlled access road, meaning you can only enter or exit via designated on/off ramps. anyone entering or exiting I35 anywhere but a designated ramp is in violation while doing so. If you park on the grass (unimproved shoulder) you may be trespassing as it is likely private property (in this case TXDOT)

there are very few places to legally/safely park on that side of the CORPS land.

i read through both the state and local traffic laws, then contacted the local police depts to ask them where i can legally park.

be advised that there are multiple jurisdictions that roam those parts and not all of them have the exact same rules.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                      If you're parking directly off the shoulder to hunt the I-35 side, I could see an issue, but if its down by the bridge I don't know why they'd even mess with you. I called North Lake to make sure it was approved to park there, several years back and they said as long as you aren't on the shoulder or impeding traffic, they didn't care.

Either way, I got the a'ok on it. I'd try calling up there and seeing whos in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
                        They defiantly have some quality stuff. But last year they lost my buddies mount. I also think that you don't get the meat from the deer you killed when you take it there. I could be wrong. Just my opinion. Also takes awhile to get back.
                        From the way they describe it to me, I don't believe if you get your meat ground that you get your own meat. They take a weight and then give you that much ground from a general grind batch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                          If you're parking directly off the shoulder to hunt the I-35 side, I could see an issue, but if its down by the bridge I don't know why they'd even mess with you. I called North Lake to make sure it was approved to park there, several years back and they said as long as you aren't on the shoulder or impeding traffic, they didn't care.

Either way, I got the a'ok on it. I'd try calling up there and seeing whos in charge.
                          thats odd, because according to all traffic laws it is permitted to park on an improved shoulder, so long as it doesn't obstruct traffic or pose a hazard. it makes more sense to park down on the grass, as there is zero chance for an incident unless a car goes careening off the road, but at that point a parked vehicle isn't going to cause more damage than the trees.

seems like the police are just flexing their muscles by handing out warnings so far.

Comment

Anyone know any details on the NOV 3rd redraw? Are they posting on the COE website like the original?

Comment

I know its public land and we must be ready for others who may be hunting, BUT, if you are walking around during prime time, thinking you are gonna stalk up on a deer, keep your distance from someone who is setting on stand. You don't walk up within 10 yards of them and start pointing out the sign to your buddy that is walking with you. Okay, rant over.
                              Seriously, I did think it was common courtesy to steer clear of another person, even when fishing, if you spot them. I know, I know, public land, but not an excuse to have no manners.

Comment

You guys better hurry up and kill something, the herd is coming once they redraw. And I hope I'm one of them. Good luck with that cold front coming it, deer should move good.

Comment

Working...
                                X