shrink wrap fletching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shrink wrap fletching?

My arrows need new fletching, what are the GS opinions of the shrink wrap type fletchings?

I like custom arrow wraps better! You buy the wraps, I'll fletch them for you for a nominal fee. Haha

Comment

only 3-4 problems with that Cameron..................hours between you and me! lmao

Comment

Bownanaza?

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron View Post
          Bownanaza?
          No Sir

Comment

I use those types of fletchings and have had no problems at all. They go on easy and come off easy. I like them a lot better than having to mess with fletching jigs and glue. I'm sure you can save a little bit of money going the other route though.

Comment

Dreamer1 and I put some NAP shrink wraps on his Beman ICS arrows and once they hit the boiling water in the glass, they shrunk down good and tight on his arrow. I was pretty impressed. PM me in a month or so and I will tell you if they are still holding up. He should have shot them into the ground several times by then, so we should be able to speak with confindence on their reliability. LOL!!!

Comment

Come to think of it, We will be retrieving two arrows with them on it, deep from within a sand pile in a few days after the rain. That should be a really good test on them.

Comment

I have been shooting them for several months and have not had any issues at all. They are a little expensive but for convieniance they are great. Again, no issues at all so far..

Comment

Originally posted by Meatatarian View Post
                    Come to think of it, We will be retrieving two arrows with them on it, deep from within a sand pile in a few days after the rain. That should be a really good test on them.
                    Yes, I'm known to put arrows and fletchings thru MORE stuff (trees, brush, grass, rocks, water, SAND) than most 3D shooters...

The NAP Quickfletch Twisters have been holding up real well, very little mess and real quick to put on.
                    I've never tried to peel them off, so I cannot comment on that process.

Scott

ps
                    No where near as nice to look at as Cameron's custom work.

Comment

Working...
                    X