• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
    [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Highly Respected since 2014
    Yea, that's the rumor.[emoji23]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

TBH is still a great place full of great people. Just like every family in America, there are a few members that tend to annoy other members or spew ignorance. I try my best to remain quiet and not engage with them. Nothing good comes with trying to match wits with a dumb***.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
        I joined in late '16, even though I shot a bow for many years before. Had I known what this place was all about, I'd have joined the day it started. A friend at work, hoghunter34, tried to get me to join about a year before I did, but I'm not a social media guy.
        I wanted to reply to most of the posts above, but this one post would be as long as the thread. I've bought a few things without worrying about getting ripped off. Took my wife with me to bownanza this year and had her pick up a trade from another member without worrying about her being attacked. I'm thankful for the friends I've met here electronically and physically.
        I've learned things I wanted to know and even several things I didn't know I wanted to know. Had tons of laughs and many times I felt sorrow for people I don't know, but can relate to.
        If that's not brotherhood, I evidently don't know the meaning of brotherhood. I'm not offended easily, and don't intentionally try to offend others.

Mr Muskles, I am going fishing with Kevin Skloss and slew in June . I done rented a cabin at the ramp. I am inviting you if you want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          Now I am not calling anyone out and I do not want you too so let us keep this thread going please. Serious question though, when did the TBH "brotherhood" go south? Sometime in the past 2-3 years something changed. Most who have been around for many years are very trustworthy and know exactly what I am talking about. Now there are so darn many people who will not keep their word and overall only think of themselves rather than the greater good. Just yesterday a brother and I were visiting about this very thing. I truly miss the "old" TBH and conversing with many of you here but now, too many snowflakes have ran things a muck.

The proof is in the pudding so to speak in that how many people have gone to Bownanza over the past say 5 years? Are those numbers going up as membership increases or are the numbers going down?

Well....
          I haven't read a single post past your original post, and I WILL. I just want to let you know, that TBH has gained another brother with me. I can already sense a little of your reasoning, just by listening in at Bownanza 2018 and reading other threads, as to why you inquired. It makes sense. A group of individuals dating back 10+ years or so and more, seeing such a change in "membership". I can agree, its different.

I admire the OG's of TBH and before I go reading on further in this thread, I will say first that I look forward to the opportunity of meeting as many of you each as I can. There is much to be learned. I haven't been part of any organizations, communities, groups, or cliques in my life, but I do believe that there is an actual "brotherhood" at TBH. I'd like to maintain my belief that there still is and catch up with every brother I can in my short life here.

Comment

I’ve learned a lot on here, seem to be a lot of trust worthy fellow bow hunters, and have sold items and traded bows with some good people. But my last transaction on here didn’t go so smoothly. Traded a brand new Bear compound bow and a new to me Winchester 1300 shotgun for a Hoyt bow. Turned out the Hoyt had been dry fired, had a cut in the string, a cracked limb, a longer draw length than advertised, and rather than being the 50-60 lb bow I was told, it was found at my pro shop to be a 40-50 lb bow. It’s been six months and a lot of money later, the bow is in good working order. But have a lot less trust for people on here now unfortunately. Especially when I saw the shotgun in the classifieds, if it’s the same one, with a neoprene shell sleeve cleverly hiding the scratched buttstock that I know the gun has, but the listing fails to mention.

Sorry to be on my soap box, just been a little peeved over the last few months and decided to let it out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Mr Muskles, I am going fishing with Kevin Skloss and slew in June . I done rented a cabin at the ramp. I am inviting you if you want to go.
              PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                I do believe you took my "snowflake" comment different than intended. I see a person as a "snowflake" as someone who is very fragile and easily offended at anything and everything that goes against what they think is okay. Age has nothing to do with it and I agree with you 100%, there are some great kids in this world and their are also some "adults" I wouldn't give a plug nickle for.
                Doesn't that definition sum up our moderators?

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                  I joined in late '16, even though I shot a bow for many years before. Had I known what this place was all about, I'd have joined the day it started. A friend at work, hoghunter34, tried to get me to join about a year before I did, but I'm not a social media guy.
                  I wanted to reply to most of the posts above, but this one post would be as long as the thread. I've bought a few things without worrying about getting ripped off. Took my wife with me to bownanza this year and had her pick up a trade from another member without worrying about her being attacked. I'm thankful for the friends I've met here electronically and physically.
                  I've learned things I wanted to know and even several things I didn't know I wanted to know. Had tons of laughs and many times I felt sorrow for people I don't know, but can relate to.
                  If that's not brotherhood, I evidently don't know the meaning of brotherhood. I'm not offended easily, and don't intentionally try to offend others.

[emoji1360] it's still here, if you want to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tell you that about 50% of the guys on here are what I'd call old school my-word-is-my-bond type of guys. I've had more guys make a deal and make arrangements only to find they changed their mind. If I tell someone that I'll do such and such then you can build a fence around that jack-azz and watch it lay an egg.

Not sure where people's integrity is these days????

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
                      So you’re offended by their moderating?

Comment

This is the only social media I'm on and I enjoy it. I've met some great people, enjoyed great pictures and stories of others adventures, bought some things I couldn't live without.

Was gifted a 145 dollar Stic knife when I was diagnosed with cancer from a man I'd never met. Later helped raise a bunch of money for the same man when his wife was diagnosed with cancer with the help of a bunch of folks I'd never met face to face.

Just today I bought a set of ramps from a TBH'er who left them out by a fence and said "just leave the money under a rock". Again never even met the guy but I felt a bond.

Haven't been on here but about 5 years but I think it's pretty special, I just ignore what doesn't interest me, as I do in life.

I don't let whiners bug me...too much good fun to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          If you are talking about the crappie trip, I will be there too. Cabin rented.

Comment

Originally posted by texasguy83 View Post
                            I’ve learned a lot on here, seem to be a lot of trust worthy fellow bow hunters, and have sold items and traded bows with some good people. But my last transaction on here didn’t go so smoothly. Traded a brand new Bear compound bow and a new to me Winchester 1300 shotgun for a Hoyt bow. Turned out the Hoyt had been dry fired, had a cut in the string, a cracked limb, a longer draw length than advertised, and rather than being the 50-60 lb bow I was told, it was found at my pro shop to be a 40-50 lb bow. It’s been six months and a lot of money later, the bow is in good working order. But have a lot less trust for people on here now unfortunately. Especially when I saw the shotgun in the classifieds, if it’s the same one, with a neoprene shell sleeve cleverly hiding the scratched buttstock that I know the gun has, but the listing fails to mention.

Sorry to be on my soap box, just been a little peeved over the last few months and decided to let it out here.
                            If you havent already, call em out. Thats unacceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              So you’re offended by their moderating?
                              Nope, just their little safe spaces.

Comment

Originally posted by HdFilmmaker View Post
                                I would ask you how many of our moderators do you know?

While we (and I) joke about our (beloved ) mods, every one of them is intelligent, good folk,with a great sense of humor. Every one is a class person and make this site what it is. While I don't always agree with them, I trust their judgement and appreciate the time spent keeping this site a positive, family forum.

The TBH brotherhood and sistahood are alive and well. Those who mealy mouth it simply do not get it!

Comment

Working...
                                X