Where to get metal cable spool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get metal cable spool?

I'm looking for one of the large metal cable spools (like a hay ring) and can't find one. I'd like to try to make a hog trap out of one. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

We went to a machine shop and had them bend 2 pieces of 1" Schedule 40 into a 8' round ring, the we fabbed the trap from that. Works nice and easy/lightweight, one man can flip it and roll into back of truck/trailer to move it. I lost the pics I had, I will get some this weekend and post next week.

Comment

I have a couple of old hay rings I will give you.

I bet they would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
        I have a couple of old hay rings I will give you.

I bet they would work.
        Where are they located? Very interested and Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
          We went to a machine shop and had them bend 2 pieces of 1" Schedule 40 into a 8' round ring, the we fabbed the trap from that. Works nice and easy/lightweight, one man can flip it and roll into back of truck/trailer to move it. I lost the pics I had, I will get some this weekend and post next week.
          Not sure anybody around here has a bender, but I'll check. That's exactly why I want a round one so my father in law can roll it into place easier when he is by himself at the lease. Thanks!

Comment

Madisonville

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
              Madisonville
              That's a little far, but I sure appreciate the offer. If for some reason I end up out that way I'll sure give you a shout. Thank you!

Comment

Im in corpus christi and might be able to get my manager to turn loose of an old metal reel. They are definatly not light and it would take more than a couple guys to move one of these around ill try and pm you a pic.

Comment

redneck apartments

Comment

Find an old trampoline that needs a new top, easy and sturdy.

Comment

Working...
                    X