Palacios Bay Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palacios Bay Fishing

So me and my buddy will be heading down and wade fishing Palacios bay Tuesday since I have some aerial work to do down there along some private beach front real estate near Palacios. Is there any specific bait that they are biting down there on right now? Not really worried about specific species just trying to catch some fish! Thanks guys and gals

A guy came in our tackle shop last week to buy some lures, said he has been killing trout there on Down South Purple Reign. No clue where he was fishing, but he said he wasn't having to take his boat out.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      A guy came in our tackle shop last week to buy some lures, said he has been killing trout there on Down South Purple Reign. No clue where he was fishing, but he said he wasn't having to take his boat out.
      Good to know! Thank you!

Comment

Rays jigs, under the lights at night.
        Tandem, red and white.
        Trout and flounder killer.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post

Probably that tire reef TPWD put in back in the 60’s that is close to the boat launch.

There is also the same type reef in tres Palacious bay there by coon island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We used to hammer the fish at the mouth of that slough right inside Turtle Bay just west of town. There is a ramp at jenson's point you can use. Sometimes we would stand right next to each other pitching a jig into the cut running into the marsh. Incoming tight had flounder and trout, outgoing had redfish cruising through. Lots of great memories over there.

Comment

Okay great to know thanks!!

Comment

Are you taking a boat out, or will you be looking for a drive up spot to walk in and wade?

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                  Are you taking a boat out, or will you be looking for a drive up spot to walk in and wade?
                  I have some access to some water front property just above collegeport and was mainly looking for lure suggestions/colors to go with. Just want to catch some fish, doesn’t matter species but trout/redfish would be nice

Comment

should be light ssw winds tuesday, that part of the bay/river north of collegeport does hold some redfish. and a few trout. water clarity always dictates lure color. dirty water darker colors black, red, purple, plum, ect, clear water lighter and more natural colors, pearl, silver, clear, bone, green ect. pink is the wildcard seems to work in either dirty or clean water.
                    Topwaters, if its calm/clean throw smaller more quiet lures, spook jr in bone.
                    if its windy/muddy throw larger louder lures she dog in chrome.
                    skitterwalks for a multi purpose.
                    gulp shrimp under a popping cork is a good go to for targeting redfish. pearl/chart. or new penny.

pm me if you want a tip on a good spot just a short drive from there.

good luck

Comment

should be light ssw winds tuesday, that part of the bay/river north of collegeport does hold some redfish. and a few trout. water clarity always dictates lure color. dirty water darker colors black, red, purple, plum, ect, clear water lighter and more natural colors, pearl, silver, clear, bone, green ect. pink is the wildcard seems to work in either dirty or clean water.
                      Topwaters, if its calm/clean throw smaller more quiet lures, spook jr in bone.
                      if its windy/muddy throw larger louder lures she dog in chrome.
                      skitterwalks for a multi purpose.
                      gulp shrimp under a popping cork is a good go to for targeting redfish. pearl/chart. or new penny.

pm me if you want a tip on a good spot just a short drive from there.

good luck
                      Okay, this info is much appreciated! I will send you a pm for sure

Comment

spots

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                        So me and my buddy will be heading down and wade fishing Palacios bay Tuesday since I have some aerial work to do down there along some private beach front real estate near Palacios. Is there any specific bait that they are biting down there on right now? Not really worried about specific species just trying to catch some fish! Thanks guys and gals
                        walk in wade spots attached
                        Attached Files

Comment

zoom
                          Attached Files

Comment

zoom
                            This guy knows what he's talking about! I caught hundreds of specks, sand trout, and reds in that exact spot in the 80's and early 90's. Most with my buddies oilfield lights with a power plant but many in the daytime as well.

Comment

zoom
                              Post like yours is the reason it's so crowded there now. You can do the same with a pm. It's a public spot, I get it. I already sent him a pm about it with pics. There are ways to go about helping somebody without announcing it to the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X