No announcement yet.

Someone's Idea Get Jacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been making and using those for about 20 years. We've got a narrow one for pigs, and a wider one for deer.

Comment

With Keith Warren's endorsement I am sold!!! And then I saw the price, which explains why he would endorse it....I do like the idea and may go to Lowes when I get off work and get me some stuff to make one.

Comment

I made several of them and still use them they are great for hogs

Comment

Been using them for years, best i have used. Probably can build for $5.00.

Comment

I've had one I built for years. Can make for less than 20

Comment

Originally posted by 9toes View Post
              $5 really ????

Comment

Originally posted by 9toes View Post
                Not in stainless

Seeing Keith Warren pushing it I can understand the high price!

Comment

No one is going to duplicate his exact product for 5-20$. I know how much just the cable he uses costs....I sell it to him. Maybe the price point is not for everyone, but it is a top end piece of equipment. Seeing one in person might change your mind on cost to duplicate his exact product for 5 to 20$, just not going to happen. I wish him the best of luck on his start up business. Great guy to talk to and deal with.

Comment

TBH'er?

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                    No one is going to duplicate his exact product for 5-20$. I know how much just the cable he uses costs....I sell it to him. Maybe the price point is not for everyone, but it is a top end piece of equipment. Seeing one in person might change your mind on cost to duplicate his exact product for 5 to 20$, just not going to happen. I wish him the best of luck on his start up business. Great guy to talk to and deal with.
                    So is he a TBH'er? I wish him the best of luck as well. Sure it's something we could make ourselves but we all know there are thousands out there who would rather just buy it. Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by cvanbrunt View Post
                      I've built these out of 3/4" or 1" conduit and some cable with clamps on the ends of the cable.
                      yep, that is what we have. Good marketing i guess. They act like they just discovered white bread.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                        So is he a TBH'er? I wish him the best of luck as well. Sure it's something we could make ourselves but we all know there are thousands out there who would rather just buy it. Good for him.
                        I am not sure if he is or not to be honest. I will find out next time I talk to him.

Comment

My Turn!

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                          I am not sure if he is or not to be honest. I will find out next time I talk to him.
                          I can't help but wonder if he saw it here. I may have to start searching the archives for my next big business venture. Tell him I said congrats, good luck and that we'll be more than happy to welcome him to the fire (if he's not already a resident).

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                            I can't help but wonder if he saw it here. I may have to start searching the archives for my next big business venture. Tell him I said congrats, good luck and that we'll be more than happy to welcome him to the fire (if he's not already a resident).
                            I spoke to him today and had a chance to ask him about the TBH. He is not on here. I do know he does have a patent on this design. Apparently he made some over the last 20 yrs and gave them to friends/family etc. Then one day decided to go for it, got the patent on it start building. At one point a company out FL. (I think he said FL) was marketing copies of his design. Took lawyers to put a stop to that. His orders for cable and ferrules and buttons are getting larger, so that means more orders going out. He is defiantly got a load on is plate, go to meeting to show the product an lock in commitments, coordinate stock orders, coordinate shipping. Doing all this out his garage. He looking to hire some people to help. At the rate he is going, should be long to have a store front operation. I wish him the best, seems like a great guy to work with
                            Last edited by brushtrooper; 06-17-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Someone in Victoria use to make them . I had 7 or 8 of them . Got them from the old archery shop when jack owned it .

Comment

I hope they advertise them all over so people can seen them and build their own; easy as falling off a rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X