Morning hunt was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning hunt was interesting

Made what was probably my last general season hunt this morning (rain forecasted for evening)

Had 2 coyotes run behind me before I could see real good and saw a bunch of deer for my place

About 9:15 I was thinking about getting down and making a walk through the woods on my west line because I had seen a bunch of buzzards hanging around there the day before.
    All of the sudden I heard something and about 150 yds out I see a doe fawn (no spots but definitely this year's) come out like she is running for her life, looked up and there were 4 bucks grunting and trying to keep up
    Going to make for a real late fawn if she gets bred

Wow. That’s all I got!

Comment

Not unusual at all this time of the year in many areas. Seen it a few times in late Feb or early March in South Texas also.

Comment

Child molester LOL

That’s pretty cool

Comment

Two different yrs I watched bucks running does during the last weekend of muzzleloader.
          That's when it sucks to be hunting in the thick stuff , you have to sit and watch and pray they will stop in a spot you can shoot .

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty common actually

Comment

They were chasing all week at our hill country lease.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Watched a buck last year breeding a doe in first week of February

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Pretty common actually
                  I knew it was possible, but "common"?

I have never seen a buck chasing a doe this late and I have never seen a doe that small being chased

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Watched a buck last year breeding a doe in first week of February
                    Perv...

Comment

Brian, had a couple little bucks chasing last week. Went this morning, no luck tag soup this year. pulled all my safety ropes from stands and loosened ratchet straps.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                        I knew it was possible, but "common"?

I have never seen a buck chasing a doe this late and I have never seen a doe that small being chased
                        I wonder if that means the buck:doe ratio is out of wack? I killed a small eight point few weeks ago and it was very thin with no fat at all. In a year with plenty acorns, I can only assume he spent all his time chasing does and not eating -- a sign of too many does.

Comment

Working...
                        X