No announcement yet.

new bow setup issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't get me wrong. I feel as though I've evolved from paper to something greater. I used to be into paper tuning and obsessed with it. I spent hours and hours working on paper. I won't quit until I got the perfect bullet hole... only to find my bow wouldn't group. Easton's tuning guide is pretty good start for someone wanting to learn and to understand there's more to tuning. My recommendation is spending time making quality shots at horizontal and vertical strings. You may never get a good tear through paper. Cam lean, cam timing, tiller adjustment, weak limb, arrow spine, and so on... the list is endless as to why you might not get a bullet hole. Ultimately center shot is where your bow will group arrows. It might be presumptuous of me to skip paper, but I'm not the only one who feels this way. A tiny bit of torque and you'll never get a consistent shot through paper. In addition, I've also found tuning with slick tricks with the blades vertical and horizontal "+" give me the best center shot. Slick tricks and field points the same out to 65 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooed Hunter View Post
      I went to C&S Archery to get the new bow and they are the ones that told me 31".

Thanks everyone for the help. I am talking to a few guys privately, trying to get the issues resolved. I am going to look at getting my arrows proper too. I want to learn how all this works and really understand my bow. I am not some yahoo that just wants to go out and shoot a bow. I want to know how to truly tune it and make every shot count to the fullest extent fully possible. Otherwise I would just sit here and let it keep whooping me haha

I'll bet you a donut that your bow is out of tune. Shoot me a pm if you need to. I'm an elite dealer. Axle to axle length should be
      34 3/4" and brace height 7". When these bows aren't in tune it will throw off cam lean and mess with your center shot.

Comment

Working...
      X