Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obsession, Xpedition, or one one the big three (or four)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
    I chose my Xcentric because it is the best all around bow I've ever shot. However, it is followed CLOSELY by the Evolution. They both draw very similarly. Both are about 32" ATA, which isn't all that long and I'm a 5'8" midget. The draw cycle of the Xcentric is a dream. It loads fairly quickly and remains steady and smooth throughs the cycle without a big hump at or dump into the valley. The back wall is second to none. You almost have to "push" it forward if you want to let down and it doesn't try to jerk your arm off when you do so. It's virtually shock free and dead in the hand. It's faster than a scalded dog without the pitfalls of a speed bow. It's very quiet and it doesn't even come with any rubber dampers on its limbs or string. It simply doesn't need them. That alone speaks to the engineering that went into this bow. You could add dampers and silencers to it and you'd prolly hardly hear it fire at all. And to top it all off, it is just one SEXY looking bow.
    Now that being said, I'd shoot an Evolution and never bat an eye. In fact, I may own one before it's all said and done. It draws much like the Xcentric, its dead quiet (but does have dampers like most bows these days), fast and dead in the hand as well. Truthfully, I like the Evolution grip better but that's just a personal preference thing.
    You can't go wrong either way but for me the nod goes to the Xpedition "Xcentric"
    So, are we talking smooth for a speed bow, or smooth as a Z7 or a Creed?

Comment

Smooth PERIOD!! You just happen to get the benefit of the speed to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        So, are we talking smooth for a speed bow, or smooth as a Z7 or a Creed?

Smooth for a speed bow IMO, well very smooth for a speed bow.

The Xcentric is stiff up front like any other fast hybrid cam TO ME. It felt exactly like I expected it to. A fast hybrid just has a certain feel. Infinity, SR71, Stevens Inception, Xcentric. They are stiffer up front.

That's not a negative at all, just the trait that shows up when you combine speed and hybrids.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
          Smooth for a speed bow IMO, well very smooth for a speed bow.

The Xcentric is stiff up front like any other fast hybrid cam TO ME. It felt exactly like I expected it to. A fast hybrid just has a certain feel. Infinity, SR71, Stevens Inception, Xcentric. They are stiffer up front.

That's not a negative at all, just the trait that shows up when you combine speed and hybrids.
          The kid in me wants a smoother speed bow. The old fart with a bad shoulder in me wants the smoothest bow that's easiest to shoot in the world. I'd probably be happier with a single cam version. Maybe that Xterra is a better long term choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            The kid in me wants a smoother speed bow. The old fart with a bad shoulder in me wants the smoothest bow that's easiest to shoot in the world. I'd probably be happier with a single cam version. Maybe that Xterra is a better long term choice for me.
            Do you mind a little longer axle to axle bow or do you want a shorter one? Of you don't mind it being a lil longer, go with the XR6s. It's a single cam bow that's still slinging an arrow at 338 fps. If you want the shorter version then do like you said and get the Xterra. Both great choices. Or shoot a 60# Xcentric.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBlkCld View Post
              Do you mind a little longer axle to axle bow or do you want a shorter one? Of you don't mind it being a lil longer, go with the XR6s. It's a single cam bow that's still slinging an arrow at 338 fps. If you want the shorter version then do like you said and get the Xterra. Both great choices. Or shoot a 60# Xcentric.
              After shooting my XLR8 at 50 lbs for better than a year, I am not at all afraid to buy a 60 lb bow. My proving my manhood went away long ago. There was a time when I shot an 84 lb Proline Point Blank with a 4" overdraw.

I guess I got some thinkin to do.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I don't follow the politics of bow designers and companies. I take it Kevin Strother was designing for both Obsession and Xpedition? So does that mean now he's Strother bows only? How does that affect opinions of those two bow companies?

And is there a shop anywhere in north DFW to shoot any of these bows?

Comment

Collin County Archery carries both Xpedition and Obsession. Give them a call, I'm glad I did. (214) 732-7370. Well worth the short drive.

Comment

Working...
                    X