Mirrorless Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrorless Cameras

Anyone have any experience with or knowledge about mirrorless cameras, like the Nikon 1 line?

I'm going to be backpacking through Europe this summer and I'd prefer not to have the bulk of my dslr along with the risk of it getting damaged or stolen. At the same time I want something better than my old point and shoot, so I'm hoping a mirrorless may provide a happy medium.

ttt

Comment

You could buy a slightly used one, and try it out, if you don't like it, you can sell it. And if you do like it, you cam sell it after your trip.

Comment

Mirrorless Cameras

I have a Canon EOS M. It's a great little camera. The main reason I bought it was because it's small size and i can use it with my EF lenses. The image quality is really good.

No clue about the nikons. I'm sure it's a great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Robby Brown View Post
          I have a Canon EOS M. It's a great little camera. The main reason I bought it was because it's small size and i can use it with my EF lenses. The image quality is really good.

No clue about the nikons. I'm sure it's a great as well.
          Do the Canon lenses use the same mount? Another thing I'm wondering is about the lens sizes. From what I can tell on the Nikons, a 10mm lens on their mirrorless mount is equivalent to a 27mm on a regular dslr.

I actually found one for what I thought was a good deal on B&H so I went ahead and picked it up

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
            Do the Canon lenses use the same mount?

No, but they do make an adaptor.

Comment

Mirrorless Cameras

[QUOTE=neskora;8540811]Another thing I'm wondering is about the lens sizes. From what I can tell on the Nikons, a 10mm lens on their mirrorless mount is equivalent to a 27mm on a regular dslr.[QUOTE]

All that means is it has a sensor with the crop factor of 2.7. It's just comparing the sensor to a 35mm full frame sensor.

The EOS M has a 1.6 crop factor, so that means a 10mm lens on it would be equivalent to a 16mm lens on a 35mm sensor.

Comment

Working...
              X