Vacuum Sealer- Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Sealer- Which one?

Mine quit. If you were going to buy one, what would you buy. Not wanting to break the bank, just one that works well. Thanks.

This $89 job at Academy....

Comment

I have a Caso and it’s been great for the last 4 years, use it a couple times a month. If I were to get another I’d look hard at the Weston line or the Cabela’s ones

Comment

I have had this one for about 10 years and I’ve been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go on foodsaver web site and look for deals

Comment

I made my suggestion with the not wanting to break the bank request in mind...

Comment

I’ve gone cheap twice and didn’t get much out of them. Bought a Weston off of amazon and it’s been great. Just like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Comment

My Cabelas Commercial grade is good but over heats, find one with a internal fan

Comment

I had a food saver...it wore out. I got a commercial grade Cabelas...It wouldn't seal properly. I exchanged it for another. it had the same issue. I don't use them much during the year, only during hunting season for the most part.

I ended up returning the cabelas & bought a Vac master 215. Yeah, it is pricey...but works great & I don't suspect I will have to ever buy another vacuum sealer.

Comment

Thanks for the input. going to check the foodsaver site. Looked at our Academy, they had one on the shelf and it was $150 and dual power 12v and110, thought I wouldn't ever need to vacuum seal anything in my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      I had a food saver...it wore out. I got a commercial grade Cabelas...It wouldn't seal properly. I exchanged it for another. it had the same issue. I don't use them much during the year, only during hunting season for the most part.

I ended up returning the cabelas & bought a Vac master 215. Yeah, it is pricey...but works great & I don't suspect I will have to ever buy another vacuum sealer.
                      Can foodsaver brand bags be used with the VacMaster?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                        Can foodsaver brand bags be used with the VacMaster?
                        Yes, but you can not use the bags designed for chamber sealers in a food saver

Seal ingredients for storage or pre-cooked portions of food for later use with this VacPak-It VMC10OP chamber vacuum packaging machine with a 10 1/4" seal bar. This powerful chamber vacuum packaging machine quickly seals each bag in 6 seconds or less and completely vacuums out the air in 20 to 40 seconds. This not only ensures efficiency, but a reliable, secure seal after every use.

Controls are designed for ultra-simple use, with arrow buttons to increase or decrease the duration of the seal or vacuum process. The digital controls also have a bright, easy-to-read display to show the vacuum pressure. This makes the unit's performance and progress easy to monitor, as does the built-in pressure gauge. Since the lid is transparent, you can even watch the vacuum packaging process first-hand.

To deliver a long-lasting product, the unit is equipped with an oil pump that's both easy to check and easy to refill as needed. It's tested for up to 200,000 cycles too, so you can be sure that the machine is a great investment for your business. The 304 series stainless steel body is an additional perk, as it won't corrode or rust from the accidental spill or leak. This particular model requires a 120V electrical connection for operation.

Overall Dimensions:
                        Width: 13"
                        Depth: 19"
                        Height: 11 3/8"

Chamber Dimensions:
                        Width: 11 1/4"
                        Depth: 15 1/4"
                        Height: 5"
                        Seal Bar Length: 10 1/4"
                        Capacity: 0.12 cu. ft.

This is the one my wife got me for my birthday. Of course it was on sale this summer and she only paid $550 for it. My guess is some of the price increase is tariff related.

With that, these are the cat's meow.

Comment

Invest in a chamber vac. I have the Vacmaster VP 112 and love it. If you shop around you can pick one up just under $500, and your bags will run you from 8 to 10 cents a bag.

Comment

I agree with the vac master VP215 however they have went thru the roof on price. When I bought mine a couple years ago they were around $600 or so, now they are over $1000.

Comment

The one Smart mentioned at Academy is the one I have. Works great.

Comment

Working...
                              X