Weed ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed ID

Can someone tell me the correct name for this weed. Anyone have any recommendations as far as chemical to kill it. Have sprayed Grazon HL but it doesn’t do it and I can’t spray Glyphosate because I don’t want to kill the grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parthenium hysterophorus, several common names but most know it as famine weed. It's very hard to control (as you figured out), even roundup will not kill it.

Comment

Does it cling better than Saran Wrap, if so all I ever heard it called is sticky weed and I ain't been able to get rid of it yet. Got it beat back just don't know if it's me or the weed that gives out first. Just FYI start now if it is sticky weed all those tiny white flowers are gonna turn into tiny little cocklebur stickers that cling to everything, even arm hair-trust me arm hair!

Comment

False ragweed, you can kill it with glufosinate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That crap is all over my place since this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
            Does it cling better than Saran Wrap, if so all I ever heard it called is sticky weed and I ain't been able to get rid of it yet. Got it beat back just don't know if it's me or the weed that gives out first. Just FYI start now if it is sticky weed all those tiny white flowers are gonna turn into tiny little cocklebur stickers that cling to everything, even arm hair-trust me arm hair!
            Yep.... We call them Beggars Lice.....
            If you get'em on your socks.....They're better than Velcro....
            Just throw them away.. And start over.....

Comment

Usually, when a weed is that mature, it's virtually impossible to kill it with regular herbicides like Grazon, 2,4-D, etc. even with a surfactant. They need to be applied when a weed is still small, like 6-8 inches or smaller. This study got a 96% kill in 4 weeks using glyphosate (Roundup). Man, these invasive species are a disaster. Hate'em.

Comment

“False ragweed “ maybe

Comment

Grazon P+D 2quarts per acre with a surfactant.

Comment

Thanks for the info Gentleman.

Comment

Working...
                    X